Hook line and sunk

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Hook line and sunk

Post by purple5ive » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:49 pm

ive been in one a few times... rides fine to me but im no boat junkie..

But ill say this though, if you do step over the rear gunnel onto the boarding platform to take a ****, make absolutely sure nobody hooks up to a fish..

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Mattblack wrote:
hornet wrote:Why do most here call it a back crusher ? has everyone commenting on the ride been in one ?

By the end of the experiment, none of the original monkeys were left and yet, despite none of them ever experiencing the cold, wet, spray, they had all learned never to try and go for the bananas.
I now feel compelled to pull off a monkey & beat the sh!t out of a Back Crusher owner
:rofl: :thumbsup: :rofl: :thumbsup:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:57 pm

The bigger models are pretty good, 670HT and 760HT both have great layouts and I would consider buyer either if I was after a boat that size.

Keep in mind the 670HT is only a 6.1m boat and the 760HT is about 7m.

The smaller models one of which is very popular are very poorly layed out and they ride like most plate alloy boats.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:21 pm

hornet wrote:Why do most here call it a back crusher ? has everyone commenting on the ride been in one ?

or is this The Five Monkeys Experiment ? :tongue:

An experimenter puts 5 monkeys in a large cage. High up at the top of the cage, well beyond the reach of the monkeys, is a bunch of bananas. Underneath the bananas is a ladder.

The monkeys immediately spot the bananas and one begins to climb the ladder. As he does, however, the experimenter sprays him with a stream of cold water. Then, he proceeds to spray each of the other monkeys.

The monkey on the ladder scrambles off. And all 5 sit for a time on the floor, wet, cold, and bewildered. Soon, though, the temptation of the bananas is too great, and another monkey begins to climb the ladder. Again, the experimenter sprays the ambitious monkey with cold water and all the other monkeys as well. When a third monkey tries to climb the ladder, the other monkeys, wanting to avoid the cold spray, pull him off the ladder and beat him.

Now one monkey is removed and a new monkey is introduced to the cage. Spotting the bananas, he naively begins to climb the ladder. The other monkeys pull him off and beat him.

Here’s where it gets interesting. The experimenter removes a second one of the original monkeys from the cage and replaces him with a new monkey. Again, the new monkey begins to climb the ladder and, again, the other monkeys pull him off and beat him - including the monkey who had never been sprayed.

By the end of the experiment, none of the original monkeys were left and yet, despite none of them ever experiencing the cold, wet, spray, they had all learned never to try and go for the bananas.
Have a lay down for halfa m8

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Post by russellh2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Just borrowed a mates boat for the day! ! ! ! !

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Post by Yota » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Ha ha ha this thread is unexpected gold,
I should have called it the Crusher Un-appreciation Nautical Thread.
I'm guessing there will be a few owners biting their tongue or waiting to pop :o_0:
Sorry about the acronym :tongue:

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:51 pm

An experimenter puts 5 monkeys in a large cage. High up at the top of the cage, well beyond the reach of the monkeys, is a bunch of bananas. Underneath the bananas is a ladder.

The monkeys immediately spot the bananas and one begins to climb the ladder. As he does, however, the experimenter sprays him with a stream of cold water. Then, he proceeds to spray each of the other monkeys.

The monkey on the ladder scrambles off. And all 5 sit for a time on the floor, wet, cold, and bewildered. Soon, though, the temptation of the bananas is too great, and another monkey begins to climb the ladder. Again, the experimenter sprays the ambitious monkey with cold water and all the other monkeys as well. When a third monkey tries to climb the ladder, the other monkeys, wanting to avoid the cold spray, pull him off the ladder and beat him.

Now one monkey is removed and a new monkey is introduced to the cage. Spotting the bananas, he naively begins to climb the ladder. The other monkeys pull him off and beat him.

Here’s where it gets interesting. The experimenter removes a second one of the original monkeys from the cage and replaces him with a new monkey. Again, the new monkey begins to climb the ladder and, again, the other monkeys pull him off and beat him - including the monkey who had never been sprayed.

I have. Overhyped and over priced for what they are and deliver. For comparison sake a similar sized Stabi rides slightly better than a back crusher without the hype

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Stabis are not cheap either.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Kimtown wrote:

Have a lay down for halfa m8
You either missed the whole point of the post or don't comprehend very well.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:08 pm

frozenpod wrote:Stabis are not cheap either.
No, and they're the definition of fugly, but they're also not as hyped up as bcs are. I won't ever forget an owners honest response at the hot current tournament at Coffs years ago when I asked why the ballast was welded shut 'it's full of concrete because without it the boats a ******* heap of **** out there that just bangs like a ***** don't know why you vics rave on about them I'd replace it if I could afford to'... he had a 640c

Return to “Boating”