BCF/ANACONDA Branded Fishing Apparel-why?

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

BCF/ANACONDA Branded Fishing Apparel-why?

Post by Mattblack » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:35 am

I've seen quite a few people wearing Anaconda and BCF branded clothing and was wondering what the though process is when they buy it....is it superior in quality, significantly cheaper than similar alternatives or do they offer incentives for people to wear it?
The Anaconda one in particular amazes me...it has 14 company brands on the arms & these companies will certainly be paying to have this privilege .....& its still costs $70?
ana 1.jpg

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Re: BCF/ANACONDA Branded Fishing Apparel-why?

Post by re-tyred » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:41 am

Never wear branded stuff. I think if someone wants me to walk around advertising their product they should pay me to do so. $70 for a thin top. Tell em they're dreaming. I shop at the op shops get something like that without the brands for $5 keep my $65 for fuel and bait.
Just a grisly old pensioner here.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:45 am

To be honest...I can't see why anyone would purchase any branded apparel. I can not see the sense in spending your own dollars, and usually a lot of your own dollars, to advertise for the company where your hard earned dollars have gone. Some people may be sponsered and get the shirt for free and that is fair enough. The only exception I have done is to buy a Pirtek Fishing Challenge shirt....this I don't mind as I know some of the money goes to a good cause.

It is the same when purchasing brag mats....you pay and yet there are advertisments all over it!
cheers
Jim
No company would want me wearing their advertisments anyway!

williwonder

Post by williwonder » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:08 am

Often the Ana top is free if you spend $50 on fishing, that would be why you see a few people wearing them. cheers

azkay

Post by azkay » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:15 am

Cant speak on behalf of everyone but id imagine most that are wearing wouldn't really put that much thought into it.. Any advertising would be on a mynute scale.. It's probably just because its light, uv resistant, breathable, sometimes on special and most ''un-researched'' wouldnt find similar clothing at there local shopping centres..

As a side note, not a tradie but i personally much prefer plain tradie wear (socks/boots, pants, jumpers and jackets..)
Az.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:16 am

Mattblack wrote:I've seen quite a few people wearing Anaconda and BCF branded clothing and was wondering what the though process is when they buy it....is it superior in quality, significantly cheaper than similar alternatives or do they offer incentives for people to wear it?
The Anaconda one in particular amazes me...it has 14 company brands on the arms & these companies will certainly be paying to have this privilege .....& its still costs $70?
ana 1.jpg
The branding aside, have you actually worn one before??

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 am

williwonder wrote:Often the Ana top is free if you spend $50 on fishing, that would be why you see a few people wearing them. cheers
Thats how i got mine, and also the bait wallet. Both are actually quite good quality.

tracks

Post by tracks » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:29 am

I buy my UV gear and other gear from the Cancer Council online shop, very good quality, no advertising on them and goes to a good cause. can't stand those advertising clothes, hard to buy anything now without stuff printed on it no matter where one shops.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:31 am

Annaconda had promotion could swap Ur old stinky fishing shirt n they would give a new annaconda one for free......
..why people wear branded stuff...
Prob same reason people argue over shimano vs Daiwa ect
Plus average fish prob can't be bothered looking else where to find UV protection shirts
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:49 am

Let me also ask the question while im at it.

Do the people who are saying they will not wear branded clothing realise that they are infact fishing with a branded rod and reel, what about the hats? so does that not matter? you are still advertising their products arent you?

The shirts yes they do stand out on some models, in summer (or anytime its not cold for me) i wear them because they offer quite good UV protection and actually are very comfortable to wear.
if you don't want the fancy logos then buy a very simple design, or wear them inside out. or just don't buy them

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”