Anaconda. Watch the prices at the checkout.

Brownie

Anaconda. Watch the prices at the checkout.

Post by Brownie » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi guys. Had this happen to me just way too much at the checkout at Anaconda stores. Go in, buy stuff on sale, go to checkout, give them your member card and if you are not on the ball some items you got on sale don't scan as on sale. This has happened to me 6 times out of the last 8 shops in Bendigo and Ballarat. Fishing shirts down from $80 bucks to $39 scanning at $80, plastics and jigs 3 for $20 scanning full price. No sorry no nothing and iv had to take them to the item to prove it was the sale price. I reckon people with kids on tow, multiple items, in a hurry are getting ripped of without a clue. Watch the prices guys at the checkout.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Anaconda. Watch the prices at the checkout.

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 pm

Has never happened to me before and I often buy stuff at anaconda on sale but thanks for the warning mate. Cheers :thumbsup:

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Lightningx wrote:Has never happened to me before and I often buy stuff at anaconda on sale but thanks for the warning mate. Cheers :thumbsup:
Yeah mate, love the place. They can have some great sales on at times. Can't go past one without checking out the sales on fishing gear. :-D
But yeah, especially Ballarat. Spoke to the manager who checked my member details, all I said checked out and was kindly given a $20 voucher for my next shop. But like I said, the counter workers were all "whatever, show me the price you reckon". Won't put me off there, not gonna cut my nose off to spite my face as the saying goes, its a good place to shop still. Just watch the checkout.
Tight lines mate. :thumbsup:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 pm

All I can say is $39 for a fishing shirt

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:07 am

Thanks for the warning

tracks

Post by tracks » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:14 am

Yeah and make sure you check the dates on any flares you buy from anywhere, I purchased and set from a well known boating and fishing outlet only to find them already 10 months into their expiry, so my last set I just asked at the counter for the flares the guy serving me grabbed a set from under the counter and when I said I want to check the date of expiry he put them back and went over to another cupboard and got another set out, so they knew the expiry dates and grab the older ones for the suckers who don't check the dates.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:47 am

I'd guess this is more some kind of system error than any intentional attempt to rip someone off.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:50 pm

rb85 wrote:All I can say is $39 for a fishing shirt
Is that a lot or a bargain?

Personally for boat fishing I just go with a old high vis shirts that work supplies for nuffin...
DougieK wrote:I'd guess this is more some kind of system error than any intentional attempt to rip someone off.
I reckon so.

I'm usually pleasantly surprised there at how much the price is reduced at the counter, with member discounts and 50% off sales etc.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Queasy wrote:
Is that a lot or a bargain?

Personally for boat fishing I just go with a old high vis shirts that work supplies for nuffin...
DougieK wrote:I'd guess this is more some kind of system error than any intentional attempt to rip someone off.
I reckon so.

I'm usually pleasantly surprised there at how much the price is reduced at the counter, with member discounts and 50% off sales etc.
As far as I’m concerned it’s overpriced.

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 pm

Yeah, the UV 50 ones. The wick dry types. Better than a normal shirt in hot weather here. Also after you get melanomas cut out and told to cover up by your doc, its advice I like to take. $39 bucks to know im covered is cheap peace of mind.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”