Offshore trip

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
KgWhiting

Offshore trip

Post by KgWhiting » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:09 pm

Hi guys looking to head offshore Sunday with the good weather chasing gumbos snapper etc. Going of Barwon heads and probably fish out the front of the bluff area. Any tips on ground or recent activity would be much appreciated
Cheers kgwhiting

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Re: Offshore trip

Post by e.welch » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:06 am

i dont have a boat so im landbased but good luck.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:01 am

I am thinking of doing similar, maybe heading out to 35-45m out of Torquay or Anglesea for some flatties
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Ryguy
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Ryguy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:18 pm

KgWhiting wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:09 pm
Hi guys looking to head offshore Sunday with the good weather chasing gumbos snapper etc. Going of Barwon heads and probably fish out the front of the bluff area. Any tips on ground or recent activity would be much appreciated
Cheers kgwhiting
HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD DAY. I WAS ABLE TO GET OUT TODAY ASWELL OFF BARWON HEADS, ANCHORED STRAIGHT OUT IN 26M OF WATER ON A LEDGE. MUST HAVE BEEN MONSTER SCHOOLS OF MACKEREL AS I HAD TROUBLE GETTING MY SQUID DOWN WITHOUT CATCHING ONE AND SABIKI RIG CAME UP WITH THE LOT MULTIPLE TIMES. COUPLE OF 40-50CM SNAPPER AND PINKY WITH SOME SMALL FEMALE GUMMY ALL RELEASED. HAD A DECENT MAKO BESIDE THE BOAT BUT **** MY PANTS AND CUT HIM LOOSE AFTER A 45MIN FIGHT WITH BOAT IN GEAR. USED FRESH BLUETHROAT AS BAIT AND MACKEREL AS CHUM OR VISVERSA.
TIGHT LINES

KgWhiting

Post by KgWhiting » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Ryguy wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:18 pm
KgWhiting wrote:
Cheers kgwhiting
HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD DAY. I WAS ABLE TO GET OUT TODAY ASWELL OFF BARWON HEADS, ANCHORED STRAIGHT OUT IN 26M OF WATER ON A LEDGE. MUST HAVE BEEN MONSTER SCHOOLS OF MACKEREL AS I HAD TROUBLE GETTING MY SQUID DOWN WITHOUT CATCHING ONE AND SABIKI RIG CAME UP WITH THE LOT MULTIPLE TIMES. COUPLE OF 40-50CM SNAPPER AND PINKY WITH SOME SMALL FEMALE GUMMY ALL RELEASED. HAD A DECENT MAKO BESIDE THE BOAT BUT **** MY PANTS AND CUT HIM LOOSE AFTER A 45MIN FIGHT WITH BOAT IN GEAR. USED FRESH BLUETHROAT AS BAIT AND MACKEREL AS CHUM OR VISVERSA.
TIGHT LINES
Was in 34m got one 10kg gummy and a few reef fish apart from that very quiet. That mako would have probably swam past my trail 😭

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Ryguy wrote:
KgWhiting wrote:
Cheers kgwhiting
TIGHT LINES
Nice catches

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:39 pm

KgWhiting wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:04 pm
Ryguy wrote:
KgWhiting wrote:
Cheers kgwhiting
TIGHT LINES
Was in 34m got one 10kg gummy and a few reef fish apart from that very quiet. That mako would have probably swam past my trail 😭
That’s a nice gummy any day of the week! :)
Cheers :thumbsup:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:58 am

Ryguy wrote:
KgWhiting wrote:
Cheers kgwhiting
TIGHT LINES
not in a gazillion years would I cut a mako loose lol

Ryguy
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Ryguy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:54 am

Kimtown wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:58 am
Ryguy wrote:
KgWhiting wrote:
Cheers kgwhiting
TIGHT LINES
not in a gazillion years would I cut a mako loose lol
LOL. If I had a mate on board probably would have considered landing him but even after the 45min and driving around with him he still had a lot of fight.... Do wish I had taken a pic to post, my wife always says without the proof its just another fishing story lol. I sure do love winter fishing so peaceful and great fishing.
tight lines everyone,

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:05 pm

Ryguy wrote:

Do wish I had taken a pic to post, my wife always says without the proof its just another fishing story lol.

I sure do love winter fishing so peaceful and great fishing.
tight lines everyone,
Ryguy, I thought I'd help you out with some photo editing, so you may have "some proof" of a Mako :)

You may have some difficulty trying to convince people that that is the Mako you hooked

See ya later Ryguy.PNG

But I think you are going to have a really hard time trying to convince people that , , , , Mako's can talk :-D

Cheers, Bugz

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”