In case you havent heard yet

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: In case you havent heard yet

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:13 am

Guys..
it is not a charter business, its a guided session on the clients own boat..
Theres a big difference i believe..

This has been in the works for phil for a while, and so has the business, its not something that just happened overnight.. im sure he knows what he is doing (except for the spelling mistakes ofcourse)

Anyways if you have half a brain, you will use this information wisely, hence why the post is here!!!!

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:24 am

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:13 am
Guys..

This has been in the works for phil for a while, and so has the business, its not something that just happened overnight.. im sure he knows what he is doing (except for the spelling mistakes ofcourse)

Anyways if you have half a brain, you will use this information wisely, hence why the post is here!!!!
Might give him a call pay for him to generously go fishing in my boat for squid/snapper. Thanks but no thanks is the wisest choice.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:27 am

CremeDeLaCreme wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:29 pm
The bloke seems like a bit of an entrepreneur...

I bet in the haste to set up his "Charters" he hasn't thought about the need for a Working with Children Check.

This is a criminal check for people who have regular and / or direct contact with children under the age of eighteen which may not be directly supervised by another person. The assessment is compulsory for employment in certain occupations in Victoria.

Website looks amateurish.
Gee man haven’t seen a post from you in yonks!!!!

As for the working with childrens check, that’s only needed when in direct care of the said person.
The said business is not a charter, but a guided service on the clients OWN boat. Or landbased locations ( Bit of competition for ol mate landfish tv)
So if children are present then it’s the duty of the parents or guardian to be in charge of them.
Anyway not sure why im defending phil here hahaha, he should be doing his own spruiking, but if the recent HELP topics are anything to go by on here, then I can see a fair few members who could use it to their advantage…

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am

rb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:24 am
purple5ive wrote:
Guys..

Might give him a call pay for him to generously go fishing in my boat for squid/snapper. Thanks but no thanks is the wisest choice.
Theres a few on here that I can think of that would benefit from it.
Plenty to say on here, but nothing to show… :rofl:
Ive said enough already!!! :-D

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:35 am

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am
rb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:24 am
purple5ive wrote:
Guys..

Theres a few on here that I can think of that would benefit from it.
Plenty to say on here, but nothing to show… :rofl:
Ive said enough already!!! :-D

You referring to me mate lol

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:36 am

Seb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:48 am
From someone with constant fear of wrong spelling, grammar etc (me), i'd say well done for them to give it a try and spent the effort.
If they continue and open for improvement, this is a learning experience for them.
You should have no concerns about making spelling mistakes. So some of us highlighted that you were stuffing up your plurals!!!! We did it in a humorous way. What I found amusing/annoying is how some others deliberately called bream breams on other threads....either as a joke or just a cheap shot.

As for this being a learning experience.....they have been there and done that with all this sh!t before and do not appear to be moving up through the education system.

I remember the uproar when one of their videos showed a ciggy butt being discarded into the bay. Making a judgement on that, this mob does not look that professional and I would have my doubts if they have set up this guiding business in the proper way.

As for advertising here, my initial thought was Steve put it up to give us a laugh! Is anybody likely to take them up on the offer? Based on the comments here I doubt it. If the person was still a member here and kept plugging away, which was happening, then yes, it should be dealt with and it was. As it stands, we have a forum here to publicise fishing tackle sales so what is the difference with a member posting a link to his mates business anyway? Although that was not Steve's intention.

I was going to post more in my original comment but was interrupted by a text so I just hit enter. I do not usually fire off cheap shot one line posts but when I looked back at it later, I thought...meh!!!, they deserve it!
Cheers
Team Bender
Offering guided tours around donut shops!
Last edited by April Fool on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:39 am

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:27 am
CremeDeLaCreme wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:29 pm
The bloke seems like a bit of an entrepreneur...

I bet in the haste to set up his "Charters" he hasn't thought about the need for a Working with Children Check.

This is a criminal check for people who have regular and / or direct contact with children under the age of eighteen which may not be directly supervised by another person. The assessment is compulsory for employment in certain occupations in Victoria.

Website looks amateurish.
Gee man haven’t seen a post from you in yonks!!!!

As for the working with childrens check, that’s only needed when in direct care of the said person.
The said business is not a charter, but a guided service on the clients OWN boat. Or landbased locations ( Bit of competition for ol mate landfish tv)
So if children are present then it’s the duty of the parents or guardian to be in charge of them.
Anyway not sure why im defending phil here hahaha, he should be doing his own spruiking, but if the recent HELP topics are anything to go by on here, then I can see a fair few members who could use it to their advantage…
I have to have a wwcc to be on the premises of a school or grounds that belong to disability clients even tho they not under my care when ever I want to work or do quoting.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:58 am

Hey guys.

I'd like to offer a guided service to land based fishing at Gunnamatta.

Cast at the water. Reel it back in.

That'll be $400 each please.

Pick me up on the way and I'll have a long black no sugar.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:07 am

DougieK wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:58 am
Hey guys.

I'd like to offer a guided service to land based fishing at Gunnamatta.

Cast at the water. Reel it back in.

That'll be $400 each please.

Pick me up on the way and I'll have a long black no sugar.
Geez Dougiek at that price they will be lining up mate :rofl:

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:10 am

April Fool wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:36 am
Seb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:48 am
From someone with constant fear of wrong spelling, grammar etc (me), i'd say well done for them to give it a try and spent the effort.
If they continue and open for improvement, this is a learning experience for them.
You should have no concerns about making spelling mistakes. So some of us highlighted that you were stuffing up your plurals!!!! We did it in a humorous way. What I found amusing/annoying is how some others deliberately called bream breams on other threads....either as a joke or just a cheap shot.

As for this being a learning experience.....they have been there and done that with all this sh!t before and do not appear to be moving up through the education system.

I remember the uproar when one of their videos showed a ciggy butt being discarded into the bay. Making a judgement on that, this mob does not look that professional and I would have my doubts if they have set up this guiding business in the proper way.

As for advertising here, my initial thought was Steve put it up to give us a laugh! Is anybody likely to take them up on the offer? Based on the comments here I doubt it. If the person was still a member here and kept plugging away, which was happening, then yes, it should be dealt with and it was. As it stands, we have a forum here to publicise fishing tackle sales so what is the difference with a member posting a link to his mates business anyway? Although that was not Steve's intention.

I was going to post more in my original comment but was interrupted by a text so I just hit enter. I fo mot usually fire off cheap shot one line posts but when I looked back at it later, I thought...meh!!!, they deserve it!
Cheers
Team Bender
Offering guided tours around donut shops!
Jim, id be lying if I said I didn’t have a chuckle when I read the spiel!!
I figured everyone here who knows about the identity would also find it funny…
Also the fact we needed to rustle up the forums a bit. Was certainly a bit dead imo....
Besides that I also figured there would certainly be a few on here who might consider it.
Bearing in mind this is someone who will fish every day of the week if he could, he knows the areas he fishes well and if your smart enough there’s lots to be learnt. Especially the ones that fish the same local areas as him..
Last edited by purple5ive on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”