Corona Virus Part 3

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Corona Virus Part 3

Post by purple5ive » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:23 pm

Im not Big on Politics (they are all lying dogs anyway) but.
one thing i do agree with trump is the fact he is trying to keep things in America, something Australia should at least be looking into rather than let Australia be owned by other countries.

anyway.
i dunno why you guys are fighting over Trump when we should be focusing on Australia, i realise we are in some way affected by whats happening there, but arguing about him is pointless imo...

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:28 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:23 pm
one thing i do agree with trump is the fact he is trying to keep things in America, something Australia should at least be looking into rather than let Australia be owned by other countries.

No he isn't. That's what he's saying he's doing, then he's not doing that at all. For example, 41 out of the 268 items for sale on the Trump organisations online store are made in the USA. Less than 20%. The other 227 items in that site don't list their country of origin.

https://qz.com/1483890/how-many-donald- ... n-the-usa/ (dec 2018)

Just like the Australian economy and the LNP, look at what is actually happening instead of just what they SAY they are doing.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:21 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:23 pm

i dunno why you guys are fighting over Trump when we should be focusing on Australia, i realise we are in some way affected by whats happening there, but arguing about him is pointless imo...

5teve, I don't see it as they are fighting over Trump. It's their opinion of Trump that is being "discussed" (as you & I have, and as others have too AND that of other Countries & their leaders , , , , Ooooow Jacinda :nw: ).

Stumpy has coped flack for his opinion, even endured personal comments , , , , and granted, given back as he has felt, to defend himself. You and I know that feeling. Mods have come out (not just for that but for the general bickering and personal attacks on members) and have said "to play nice" or else.

We are all entitled to voice our opinions , , , , without being attacked for them , , , , pursuant to Clause 14, sub-clause II, note IV of the "Mods telling us off" thing

The poor bloke just added a jovial post to add comical levity, that got miss-interpreted. I have noticed that Stumpy has been more "diplomatic" since we were all told off, so as much as Stumpy has toned things down, we as individuals and as a group should do the same towards him , , , , and towards others.

Anyway , , , , lucky it's taken the attention away from , , , , Bream Fishermen , , , , and European Cars , , , , handsomely sporty European Cars I might add :-D

Regards, Bugatti

ps. Do you guys know that I am one of the very few profile names that spellcheck acknowledges :te:

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:17 pm

I didn't post that to start another argument..
Carry on people!!

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:39 pm

Trumper:
TRUMP DOES GOOD!!

Sane person:
Here's a bunch of reasons you're wrong with supporting evidence and links.

Trumper:
NO ARGUE!

LBG Season 2023/4 :

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:49 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:11 pm
Dougie,
Trump is Trump...you get too see it warts and all. He's right on some things and out of his depth on others. I don't think anyone was running for the bleach and syringe after those comments, same as previous comments on anti Malaria drugs possibly being useful. Remember when everyone piled on for his rocket man comments, how it was going to cause a nuke war etc etc. In the end he had a face to face meeting with chubby Kim and no war. But the best thing about him IMO is that he is a change from the establishment.
Telling people to drink or inject disinfectant a week after calling for AN ARMED REBELLION AGAINST HIS OWN GOVERNMENT is definitely a change from the establishment.

Since neither of these things seem to be adequate to disqualify him from your approval and that only 4% of what he has to say is completely true ( https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/ ) i'm going to ask again. What, if anything, could this man do to lose your approval?

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:58 pm

DougieK wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:49 pm
Stumpjumper wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:11 pm
Dougie,
Trump is Trump...you get too see it warts and all. He's right on some things and out of his depth on others. I don't think anyone was running for the bleach and syringe after those comments, same as previous comments on anti Malaria drugs possibly being useful. Remember when everyone piled on for his rocket man comments, how it was going to cause a nuke war etc etc. In the end he had a face to face meeting with chubby Kim and no war. But the best thing about him IMO is that he is a change from the establishment.
Telling people to drink or inject disinfectant a week after calling for AN ARMED REBELLION AGAINST HIS OWN GOVERNMENT is definitely a change from the establishment.

Since neither of these things seem to be adequate to disqualify him from your approval and that only 4% of what he has to say is completely true ( https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/ ) i'm going to ask again. What, if anything, could this man do to lose your approval?
Well that would be easy to answer for Stumpy. If Trump banned fishing :wt:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:12 pm

DougieK wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:39 pm
Trumper:
TRUMP DOES GOOD!!

Sane person:
Here's a bunch of reasons you're wrong with supporting evidence and links.

Trumper:
NO ARGUE!
Look man
I chose to not escalate the situation. That is all.
I'm sure your links are valid.
I said I only agree to one thing he said he would do. I havent followed it up since then because it doesnt interest me enough to pursue.
If he has not kept his promise then bad luck. I got nothing to loose or gain from it.
Was just saying maybe Australia should consider the same approach of keeping our own money in our country.

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:22 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:12 pm

Was just saying maybe Australia should consider the same approach of keeping our own money in our country.
Which he ISN'T DOING.

There is a difference between "Australia should keep money in it's own country" and "Trump keeps money in America so Australia should do the same".

Trump is lying. He has been lying the whole time. He is a pathological liar and has nothing but naked self interest.

The current Covid-19 death toll in the USA is HIGHER THAN THE COMBAT CASUALTIES FROM THE VIETNAM WAR and he's telling people to drink disinfectant.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:03 pm

That's actually not what he said, and you know it.

Return to “General”