A message to Dan Andrews.

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: A message to Dan Andrews.

Post by DougieK » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:14 pm

You have to legislate to the lowest common denominator. I believe the fishing ban is probably unnecessary but look at the situation at Bondi.

The initial series of extremely harsh fines were necessary for people to realise the authorities weren't f---ing about.

I think the vast majority of the population respects the necessity of the situation a lot more now than if that had not happened.

The situation allowing kayaking / SUP / surfing etc but not fishing or boating doens't make any sense, it should be one way or the other. The signs at beaches are extremely unclear, how far you are allowed to travel, who you are allowed to be with, where you are allowed to go and what you are allowed to do are not clearly defined. Being allowed to kayak, but not cast lures or dangle baits while kayaking, is ridiculous.

The need for the lockdown is clear, however the execution is poor. I expect the restrictions on recreational activities to be loosened either on Tuesday or on May 11.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:48 pm

A lot has been said that "Fishing helps with Mental Health & Well-being".

Without a doubt, this Coronavirus situation is going to affect those that currently have difficulty and it would most likely also bring on more cases with others.

If "going fishing" is the only coping mechanism someone has, then it would seem dire.

I put it that , , , , complaining (and in some cases even getting angry) about "not being able to go fishing" or "we are the only state in Australia that doesn't allow fishing" or "our government is #$@# " , , , , is equally not good for someone's Mental Health & Well-being. Maybe not with the person complaining (it could) but it could with people you talk to or with people who read your posts. You might be "firing up" some people who would have been indifferent or who struggle to cope normally.

Complaining about something that is out of your control, like not being able to go fishing or about restrictions that you may think are "unfair", might be causing more damage to the Mental Health & Well-being to some people.

A more positive and constructive approach about things that you "can" do, I think would be a healthier attitude to have.

Regards, Bugs

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:58 pm

I think the damage is being done by the restrictions themselves and not people not liking them. It is not 'normal' to be OK with this level of government over reach. What do you reckon Bugs, do we need 'safe spaces' on the forum or do like the social media platforms do and just eliminate any dissenting views?

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:04 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:58 pm
I think the damage is being done by the restrictions themselves and not people not liking them. It is not 'normal' to be OK with this level of government over reach. What do you reckon Bugs, do we need 'safe spaces' on the forum or do like the social media platforms do and just eliminate any dissenting views?
There are more dead Americans than were killed in Vietnam. The lockdown has not (provably) killed anyone that I'm aware of.

You don't have a dissenting opinion, you are posting objectively, provably wrong statements and being called out on it.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:13 pm

DougieK wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:04 pm
Stumpjumper wrote:
There are more dead Americans than were killed in Vietnam. The lockdown has not (provably) killed anyone that I'm aware of.

You don't have a dissenting opinion, you are posting objectively, provably wrong statements and being called out on it.
There has been a noticable increase in suspected suicides.

There are always extra deaths when the economy crashes

Road toll increase even though road traffic has been reduced by 50% and accidents rates are down.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:20 pm

DougieK wrote:

just an interesting fact there are quite a few Wuhan Flu deaths in the USA but over all deaths are down by about

37,000 from the same time last year so the stats show - it seams that other ways the yanks die have been down
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

SnapperRapper
Has liked: 4 times

Post by SnapperRapper » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:22 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:42 pm
bowl wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:32 pm
Dan standard response, no life is worth it, now let's move on....
Yep. A ban on solo fishing, hunting, bushwalking, kayaking, etc is bullsh*t with no scientific reasoning and deserves contempt.
The tired old excuse of crowded pier fishing etc are ridiculous as they won't acknowledge physical distancing could possibly be comprehended by mere mortals....or the even crazier idea that another less crowded fishing spot could be considered. The dumb acceptance that we must live our lives by rules designed for retards is absurd. Yes there are retards but they will be retards no matter the rules dreamt up.
Hello Stumpjumper
By ‘Retard’, I assume that is an ignorant person’s reference to a person with an intellectual disability. I know because my wonderful daughter has an intellectual disability... someone YOU would call a ‘retard’
You go around these forums throwing out all sorts of views but whenever you have been asked to provide evidence you go missing.
The Mods here say that people are entitled to express an opinion. So here’s mine. You put views that accord with your thinking but gave no factual basis. When asked to ‘put up’ you go silent
My lovely daughter isn’t smart but she is decent and 110% honest. And that’s the difference
So there you go mod.. kick me off for expressing an opinion.

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:23 pm

frozenpod wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:13 pm
DougieK wrote:
Stumpjumper wrote:

There has been a noticable increase in suspected suicides.

There are always extra deaths when the economy crashes

Road toll increase even though road traffic has been reduced by 50% and accidents rates are down.
Source please?

LBG Season 2023/4 :

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:24 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:19 pm
There were more dead Americans than Vietnam....over and over again. FFS who cares?
And that, sums up our entire day together. Good night.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:24 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:20 pm

just an interesting fact there are quite a few Wuhan Flu deaths in the USA but over all deaths are down by about

37,000 from the same time last year so the stats show - it seams that other ways the yanks die have been down
Source?

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Return to “General”