Fishing in Orbost?

Foofoo

Fishing in Orbost?

Post by Foofoo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:01 am

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there are any locals from Orbost on the site. I'll be there for 3 weeks and was hoping to get some tips on location and targets? Also, is there a tackle shop in Orbost? Thanks in advance!

gjhfisho

Re: Fishing in Orbost?

Post by gjhfisho » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi foo, there is a tackle shop in Orbost, I was in Marlo for Easter, what are you chasing? We got a mixed bag between the Marlo ramp and the entrance and some nice bream under the bridge on the Brodrib river south of Orbost.

Cheers Geoff.

Foofoo

Post by Foofoo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:59 pm

Heya Geoff, thanks for the reply! You reckon Marlo would be the best place to fish abouts here? I don't particularly have a target species, I just need to fish! Did you use bait at the Marlo ramp? If so, what did you use? Hmm if I manage to get away early, I'll probably find the tackle shop here and see what they say too :)

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:18 pm

G"day Foofoo,

The Snowy river fishes excellent over summer but I'm not sure about this time of year. The tackle shop at Orbost is ok but the bloke there is a lazy and arrogant who doesn't seem to be too interested. There is a tackle shop in Marlo who are more helpful and might be able to put you onto the fish. :thumbsup:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

gjhfisho

Post by gjhfisho » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:39 am

We used prawn and blue bait, prawn up in the brodrib and both in the entrance area.
If you head towards cape conran the narrows is a 5 min walk, flayhead on plastics, then there is a couple of spots to access the surf further on Worth a look too.

Foofoo

Post by Foofoo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:52 pm

Spent yesterday afternoon from 3pm to 9pm at the jetty with worms and prawns from the Marlo tackle shop. Gf caught a 21cm trevally at around 6 and nothing else. The place is plagued with sandcrabs atm. Gf and I caught about 6 crabs with rod and reel lols.

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”