Cornacarpio's Cumulative Carp Culling Caper

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Re: Cornacarpio's Carp Culling

Post by Cornacarpio » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Headed out to the Wimmera River today in picture perfect conditions. It was slow going at the start, but things began to pick up just before dark. I landed 3 and had about 3 get off as well. To tell the truth, I was a little disappointed with today's effort given the weather (was expecting a big haul), but it was an enjoyable enough outing nevertheless.
Attachments
IMG_4454.JPG
IMG_4454.jpg
Last edited by Cornacarpio on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cornacarpio

Re: Cornacarpio's Carp Culling Caper

Post by Cornacarpio » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Headed down to Gardner's Creek today after watching the cricket pretty much all day. Didn't have to wait long before my float submerged and I hooked into the 63/64 cm Carp. I only have 6lb breaking strain so I had to play it for a while before landing it (I reckon it would have gone 8lb) - I was so glad I remembered the landing net (I have a habit of hooking stonkers when I forget it). I'm a little embarrassed to admit I used a perfectly good scrub-worm on it, but it was kind of worth it...

After I used my 'good bait' I got a few nibbles on my compost worms before landing the 50cm model. Gardner's Creek is fast becoming my favourite Carp Poo-hole, don't know what took me so long to check it out, it's just a pity I have to share it with so many dogs, ducks, joggers, walkers, general public, etc...

P.S. I also invested in a 'bragmat' as I believe I am yet to crack the 70cm mark, which is a personal goal of mine (I may have as a kid, but not since 'records' began, i.e the Internet, digital photography, etc
Attachments
DSC00495.JPG
DSC00489.JPG
DSC00493.jpg
63CM.jpg
50CM.jpg
Last edited by Cornacarpio on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Keep them coming! :-D
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 am

stop harvesting my pets. :-)
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:27 am

They are some good sized carp - keep nailing them (sorry about your pets FC) although at the rate your getting them you better start planning a back up spot, they will be cleared out soon

foggybottom

Post by foggybottom » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:37 am

nothing wrong with overfishing this particualr species though.

I ride home partly along gardiners creek, from kooyong to the yarra, does anyone hit the carp in there? While riding last night I thought I saw fish gulping at the surface but needed to get home and see the cricket so didn't stop to check it out.

Cornacarpio

Post by Cornacarpio » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Fish-cador wrote:stop harvesting my pets. :-)
They're my pets now ;)
Fish-cador wrote:They are some good sized carp - keep nailing them (sorry about your pets FC) although at the rate your getting them you better start planning a back up spot, they will be cleared out soon
Unlikely. I see them swimming around in schools of 10-20, and usually only catch 1-2 on each visit. There's plenty of fish in the sea or the creek or whatever...
Winners forget they're in a race. They just love to run.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Might have to get back down there and help you out at some stage - you are right though, there are too many dogs, ducks, joggers, walkers, general public, etc... in that area. But I guess that can't be helped.

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Do you eat the Carp? I noticed you took one home

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Good on ya mate . have fun and good fishing. I have seen how to cook them on youtube just a bit of work.

Return to “Other Species”