GoFish Nagambie!

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

GoFish Nagambie!

Post by April Fool » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:30 am

Hi all
Many of you may be aware of the comp being held at Nagambie next year. If not, just google it if you think you may be interested. Initially I subscribed to get email notifications but have now gone right off the idea of entering. With prizes to the value of $500,000, including $80,000 for the largest cod, I have a feeling that it is going to bring the worst out in many anglers....and I don't want to have a part in that. Entry fee for adults is $160....not bad I guess considering the prizes but it will eliminate many anglers who are a bit short of cash. I do intend on going along for a look just to see how crowded it gets with the possibility of fishing it next year. On saying that, entries will be capped but I believe it may be crowded fishing shore based. I know that approximately 'half, or the entire' fisheries enforcement officers will be in attendance (as stated by a person who sits at a desk about 100 metres away from me)!

I am not sure what access is like along the river/creeks where you can fish but I have a feeling much of the land is privately owned. As for the town itself, this event will inject lots of dollars into the local economy as well as nearby towns who will benefit from the local Nagambonians who flee the area for the week end!

Anyway, I won't be entering but I guess there will be members here who are looking forward to it! Anybody entering?
cheers
Team Bender
Pirtek fishing challenge rules!!!!!!
Last edited by April Fool on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: GoFish Nagambie!

Post by Texas » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:24 am

Not me Jim,
Is desirable Dave spending the weekend with miffy and sparkles ???
Cheers Gra
(that was meant to be despicable, but I can't spell it)

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:12 pm

I am planning on heading up for it, not sure if Dave is going to join us or not.
It's going to cost $300 just to enter :o_0: for me and the youngbloke, so I hope to be camping somewhere(maybe in someones back yard) to save a few $$
Will probably take the yaks up and fish from them as well as the bank, sort of depends on the weather also.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:44 pm

Texas wrote:Not me Jim,
Is desirable Dave spending the weekend with miffy and sparkles ???
Cheers Gra
(that was meant to be despicable, but I can't spell it)
Gunna have too keep my eyes on you at Bonnie Doon. cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

davek

Post by davek » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:47 pm

Brett wrote:I am planning on heading up for it, not sure if Dave is going to join us or not.
It's going to cost $300 just to enter :o_0: for me and the youngbloke, so I hope to be camping somewhere(maybe in someones back yard) to save a few $$
Will probably take the yaks up and fish from them as well as the bank, sort of depends on the weather also.
I was going to enter but now I'm weighing up if it's worth it, I'll still fish the weekend though regardless. I know of a place with a backyard also, ;-) cheers davo

Al03

Post by Al03 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:51 am

Haven't been on this forum long, but I can't see the attraction of fishing shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of other anglers. The day that I go fishing to attempt to win a prize, in this case monetary, is the day I stop fishing for good.
Fishing for me is all about getting away from the crowds and time for quiet reflection without the stresses of every day life to worry about. That's why I love fishing, the world can be ending and all I am focused on is the end of my rod.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:35 pm

Al03 wrote:Haven't been on this forum long, but I can't see the attraction of fishing shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of other anglers. The day that I go fishing to attempt to win a prize, in this case monetary, is the day I stop fishing for good.
Fishing for me is all about getting away from the crowds and time for quiet reflection without the stresses of every day life to worry about. That's why I love fishing, the world can be ending and all I am focused on is the end of my rod.
I totally agree mate fishing is about relaxing from anything else going on in the world and if your lucky catching a fish not trying to win a prize :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

davek

Post by davek » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Al03 wrote:Haven't been on this forum long, but I can't see the attraction of fishing shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of other anglers. The day that I go fishing to attempt to win a prize, in this case monetary, is the day I stop fishing for good.
I totally agree mate fishing is about relaxing from anything else going on in the world and if your lucky catching a fish not trying to win a prize :thumbsup:
I also agree and if I did enter it would be because I live in the town and would support the event. I think that winning the event with the amount of entrants would be tattslotto like chances. As for fishing shoulder to shoulder, I know I can get out on the water away from the crowd and enjoy a days fishing for fish, not for the cash, cheers davo

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Post by ben475 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:05 pm

Might be a good weekend to fish somewhere else, hopefully a bit quieter with a few people heading to Nagambie.

kenzie101

Post by kenzie101 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:31 pm

davek wrote:
Brett wrote:I am planning on heading up for it, not sure if Dave is going to join us or not.
I was going to enter but now I'm weighing up if it's worth it, I'll still fish the weekend though regardless. I know of a place with a backyard also, ;-) cheers davo
Dave's Air BnB, bring tour own bed and breakfast. Air supplied free. :tongue:
Mark
:water: Lazy Fisher

Return to “Fishing Competitions”