Rainy sesh

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Rainy sesh

Post by hornet » Fri May 24, 2019 7:45 pm

40cm is a serious bream .... nice work sammy.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Great work mate nice bream.

Sammy123
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Sammy123 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:15 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:09 pm
What technique and lure(s) did you use? I'm struggling to get breams on lures in Docklands
The most reliable method has been drifting cranka crabs around structure, no matter what the conditions it has always caught me fish, I've found that a zman crusteaz rigged on the lightest possible jig head and fished the same way is a cheap substitute, seems to get just as many follows but less takes since its not nearly as realistic, probably worth experimenting with different crab imitation lures as they seem to get the breams attention, when the fish are less shut down I've also had success with zman grubz worked very slowly on a light jighead.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Fri May 24, 2019 11:06 pm

Sammy123 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:15 pm
Seb85 wrote:
What technique and lure(s) did you use? I'm struggling to get breams on lures in Docklands
The most reliable method has been drifting cranka crabs around structure, no matter what the conditions it has always caught me fish, I've found that a zman crusteaz rigged on the lightest possible jig head and fished the same way is a cheap substitute, seems to get just as many follows but less takes since its not nearly as realistic, probably worth experimenting with different crab imitation lures as they seem to get the breams attention, when the fish are less shut down I've also had success with zman grubz worked very slowly on a light jighead.
Ok, I'm gonna give it another try before I give up for good for Docklands breams on lure.
What colour is the best? And the smaller size cranka I'm guessing.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Sammy123
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Sammy123 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:47 am

Seb85 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:06 pm
Sammy123 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:15 pm
Seb85 wrote:
Ok, I'm gonna give it another try before I give up for good for Docklands breams on lure.
What colour is the best? And the smaller size cranka I'm guessing.
The olive crabs have probably accounted for the most fish for me but I also like the brown and have had good success with big bream on the spotted crab (the one in the picture was on the spotted). I use the light 50mm crabs but recently bought a 65mm which I have yet to try, think docklands bream might be a bit timid to take such a big lure but I reckon it might do well in the yarra.

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Sat May 25, 2019 2:28 pm

In another month or so you can switch to using blades and teabag pylons at night. When the water cools a bit more they head down deeper at docks.

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”