How much it cost to taxidermy snapper?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: How much it cost to taxidermy snapper?

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:35 am

Tim399 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:24 pm
Some of those looked worse than they would’ve when they had just died lol
X2
Most things look better alive

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:45 am

Tim399 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm
Would be funny to hear what the crappiest fish a taxerdermist has taxidermied beforeE019E4DA-2A5E-44F4-A846-168203D7B9F7.jpeg
:rofl:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:47 am

rb85 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:49 pm
My plan is to get some of my memorable catches with high quality photos printed on canvas.
Never thought of that but that’s not a bad idea :thumbsup:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:22 am

rb85 wrote:
My plan is to get some of my memorable catches with high quality photos printed on canvas.
That’s what i would like to do eventually.
For that to happen you need some good shots of the fish and that’s where someone really handy with a camera is going to help.
Either a canvas, or a coffee table book or picture book like what Adrian has done. The book has the option to include a few catches not just the one, so it’s a bonus.
Gone are the days of taxidermy imo. Take good pics and frame them if you want. Lot cheaper and easier to do.

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Just out of curiosity, whats the process and critical timeline to get a catch from hook to taxidermist?

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:04 pm

Uberdermy is cheaper and faster. No long waiting time.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:04 pm
Uberdermy is cheaper and faster. No long waiting time.
Lol

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:37 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:22 am
rb85 wrote:
For that to happen you need some good shots of the fish and that’s where someone really handy with a camera is going to help.
Either a canvas, or a coffee table book or picture book like what Adrian has done. The book has the option to include a few catches not just the one, so it’s a bonus.
Gone are the days of taxidermy imo. Take good pics and frame them if you want. Lot cheaper and easier to do.
Your not wrong about camera skills I should do a course at some stage. A book is another great idea I really like the look of some of Al McGlashan's pictures on his website if I could get a few decent pictures of the fish I catch without me on a canvas background I would be happy to put them up in a room of my house.

I agree with you on the days of Taxidermy if I purposely kill a fish I am eating it thats just my view. If I could get a replica made that would be a great addition to the house.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm

rb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:37 pm
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Your not wrong about camera skills I should do a course at some stage. A book is another great idea I really like the look of some of Al McGlashan's pictures on his website if I could get a few decent pictures of the fish I catch without me on a canvas background I would be happy to put them up in a room of my house.

I agree with you on the days of Taxidermy if I purposely kill a fish I am eating it thats just my view. If I could get a replica made that would be a great addition to the house.
Being the photographer yourself has its drawbacks, aka need somewhere to place the fish etc etc on a yak it can be hard, but that where the gopro comes in handy. boat is a lot easier.
there some great pics ive seen that have come from a gopro, yes people will say long arm steve (or whatever it is in your case) at it again yada yada. you know the drill, move past all that and take the pics you want to see yourself, not what will make someone else happy..

for the camera courses, look up some youtube tutorials. plenty of info available there. taking photos come naturally for some. others not so much.
i use my mobile phone these days for most pic taking. it is capable of taking RAW format photos, which is somewhat similar to a negative in the older days. you then have some say on how the photo will turn out in the end.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:13 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm
rb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:37 pm
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:

Being the photographer yourself has its drawbacks, aka need somewhere to place the fish etc etc on a yak it can be hard, but that where the gopro comes in handy. boat is a lot easier.
there some great pics ive seen that have come from a gopro, yes people will say long arm steve (or whatever it is in your case) at it again yada yada. you know the drill, move past all that and take the pics you want to see yourself, not what will make someone else happy..

for the camera courses, look up some youtube tutorials. plenty of info available there. taking photos come naturally for some. others not so much.
i use my mobile phone these days for most pic taking. it is capable of taking RAW format photos, which is somewhat similar to a negative in the older days. you then have some say on how the photo will turn out in the end.
Thanks for the info I know the gopro's aren't bad. As for long arm Steve etc that **** doesn't bother me as it's very easy to get an idea on the size of the fish. The end of the day I take my photo's for me not to share others if other's want to see pictures thats fine but it's not the be all or end all for me I know others have different motivating factors each to their own.

Return to “General”