Great white sharks in PPB.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Great white sharks in PPB.

Post by purple5ive » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:42 pm

seal rock = shark mecca..
was chating to an oldie on cowes pier when at one point some young kids decided to jump off cowes pier for a swim
he told me that if they seen what fish was caught in and around the area they will never get into the water again...9apparently the biggest shark caught in victoria or somethign liek that was just around the corner from cowes pier)
thats good enough for me. 30 mins later my surf rod went off nearly pulled me in and 10 mins of agonising battling got busted off on wire trace and 8/0 circles

CYAMTE

Post by CYAMTE » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:19 pm

cobby wrote:
FishSamFish wrote:
ducky wrote:No point living in fear mate.ren't going to be eaten going for a swim. Having said that I don't swim in western port. Haha
why not WP? I thought there was mainly gummys there, with occasional bronzies?
I thought that with seal rocks in PPB, they are in there. (I have heard of bronzies+threshers+makos coming up to frankston)
Seal Rocks is actually at the western entrance of Westernport. You know when something big is lurking down there when the livies stop getting harassed by the seals. Theres also more Bronzies than you can poke a stick at in Westernport. Heard and seen reputable reports of whites and Makos as far up Wp as Tooradin channel.
There's big sharks in both bays all year round. There's millions of people in and on the water each year and bugger all attacks of any kind.

I hear there's no sharks in freshwater lakes...

Mark, you're not making a good argument to convince me to follow you out in either bay in the yak!! :shocker:
PB Wild Bass: 52cm fork PB Whiting: 49cm 995grams (bait caught) PB Flathead: 89cm PB Bream: 48cm fork

Gear: Omen black 6Ft7' ML spin, Stradic Ci4 2500 WX4 Braid 12Lb Nitlon DFC fluro 8Lb

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Master-pro wrote:biggest great white shark ever caught was caught of seal rocks. It had a whole seal intact in its gut. I'm never swimmin at phillip island again lol.
Er,, no it wasn't. Look it up.

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:50 pm

CarlG wrote:
Master-pro wrote:biggest great white shark ever caught was caught of seal rocks. It had a whole seal intact in its gut. I'm never swimmin at phillip island again lol.
Have seen this claim numerous times; refer last pic in below link:

http://deepseacreatures.org/amazing/big ... ver-caught

NTchris

Post by NTchris » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:23 pm

At least sharks don't try chase ya up the bank, we have sharks in the Katherine river some 300km inland but they are just bull sharks, it's the snapping handbags ya really gotta watch out for

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:05 pm

CarlG wrote:
Er, yes it was. Look it up
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Krisstiglic

Post by Krisstiglic » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:16 am

Can't find anything that says it

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:39 pm

PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

MadMullet

Post by MadMullet » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:45 pm

did they count the seal in the weight? teehee
in vino veritas ....make mine a double

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Certainly one of the largest but there appears to be debate about early captures accuracy for both length and weight measurements.

http://wholeworldinformation.blogspot.c ... aught.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Off Topic Forum”