NSW to trial bow fishing

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Buckle&scream

Re: NSW to trial bow fishing

Post by Buckle&scream » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:16 pm

fishpod wrote:
fishpod wrote:
davek wrote:The only thing I can see wrong with this is some idiots can't do the right thing with a rod, could you imagine them with a bow and arrow :o_0: cheers davo
LOL, its a scary thought
, they should go well at some of the piers at night, there would be a murder every week :-D
LOL is true

jb2020

Post by jb2020 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:19 am

Commonsense idea to get people out into the outdoors, do a bit of exercise and de-commission some noxious pests. thumbs up nsw.

ThomasG

Post by ThomasG » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:28 pm

Nup, i dont think this is a good idea. Too many brainless oafs around these days.

Cheers.....ThomasG

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Well one of the benefits could be bikini bow fishing.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:06 pm

How many of you actually bothered to read the whole article? I'm guessing not many. From the reply's on here one would think it is going to be a free for all with people running all over the countryside with bows & arrows shooting anything that moves.

They will have to have a restricted licence,be a member of the A.B.H.A & sit a written test.

Then apply for a permit 48 hours before hand.

Then report back on numbers seen & shot.

It is going to be allowed only on selected waterways.

As for the "trained observers" struggling to tell the difference between a platypus or water rat and a carp, at what distance are they talking 100m,200m, or 20m? 1 or 2 hundred i can believe, If they cant at 20m (a realistic shooting distance) then they probably need more training and/or some polarised sunglasses.

jb2020

Post by jb2020 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:18 pm

well said - i am sick an tired of this negative attitude towards fishos by other fishos - its the sort of crap I expect from die hard greenies. Every sport or pastime has its bad eggs - its just the makeup of society and should not be used an an excuse to nanny the rest of us who do the right thing. There are heaps of people out there who dont give a rats - some of them happen to go fishing, play golf, go to the football, etc, etc, etc
drew 2 wrote:How many of you actually bothered to read the whole article? I'm guessing not many. From the reply's on here one would think it is going to be a free for all with people running all over the countryside with bows & arrows shooting anything that moves.

Return to “General”