When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.

When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

April 2020
7%
May 2020
22%
June 2020
22%
July 2020
10%
August 2020
3%
September 2020
10%
October 2020
7%
November 2020
5%
December 2020
2%
Sometime in 2021
12%

Total votes: 59

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Re: When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

Post by piscateur » Fri May 08, 2020 12:41 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:30 pm
Agree with what you say Ango. Hard to believe that so many support a ban on fishing......on a fishing forum. Maybe we really do deserve the government we have in Victoria. This ban has no basis in science or medicine as far as the pandemic goes.
Lol, literally can't make this stuff up. when there is overwhelming evidence out there as to which countried have and have not done well, we have this trump supporter. Carry on, I'm gonna invest in Tin mining.
Last edited by piscateur on Fri May 08, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Fri May 08, 2020 12:43 pm

What about the rights of the people who don't want to catch this virus? Those that have died have had all their rights taken from them.
As for the hype that it is nothing compared to other ways of dying, all those other ways are still going on and they are a tragic, this is on top of all those ways of dying. We have had a low infection rate, SO FAR, it isn't over yet. The slow rate is directly due to the lock down. Just look at other countries to see what happens when you don't shut it down early.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Fri May 08, 2020 12:46 pm

piscateur wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:41 pm
Stumpjumper wrote:
Agree with what you say Ango. Hard to believe that so many support a ban on fishing......on a fishing forum. Maybe we really do deserve the government we have in Victoria. This ban has no basis in science or medicine as far as the pandemic goes.
Lol, literally can make this stuff up. when there is overwhelming evidence out there as to which countried have and have not done well, we have this trump supporter. Carry on, I'm gonna invest in Tin mining.
I'm talking about the fishing bans.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri May 08, 2020 12:50 pm

Never mind the Killing Fields or Stalin's purges, or Srebrenica, or Rwanda, a month and a half without fishing is the real crime against humanity. Send Comrade Dictator Daniel "Pol Pot" Andrews off to the Hague to answer for this outrage
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri May 08, 2020 12:55 pm

Cheer up boys, looks like things might get back to normal now we have all done the hard yards.
Bit of short term pain for long term gain as I see it.
Gold stars for the 12 people that voted on the month of May to go fishing...it's looking very promising indeed!

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Fri May 08, 2020 1:01 pm

We have a democratically elected Government in this state. Their job is to govern as they see fit and then face the electorate again. Till then those of us that didn't vote for them have to suck it up.
As far as the fishing ban, while I know I can go fishing without travelling and without going near anyone else, the same can not be said about the whole state. The main reason for the ban on a number of recreational activities is that you have to police the rules So for examle if we say you can go fishing with a member of your household, within 50km of your house, but not an a crowded pier etc etc Then you have to send out the police to enforce it multiply that with golf, tennis and a whole bunch of other recreational activities that people will whinge about and it gets all too complicated.
We are just over one month since this started. A month ago it would have been a huge task for the people who were advising and making the rules. This gov decided on the KISS principle. Shut it all down see how it goes then if it would appear some activities could be restarted they have time to work through the rules and the policing of the rules.
We are now at that point. Yeah I missed the best of the Autumn fishing , oh poor me. No one asked me to go to war and be shot at, no one asked me to sit at home while we had bombs dropped on us. No one overran our country. I have had plenty of food, internet, hone TV, and the right to express my opinion.
Sure I feel for those in self employed and in small business. But really, we are so far ahead of other countries in this so far. All those countries that didn't lock down are still in the same boat financially.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

4liters

Post by 4liters » Fri May 08, 2020 1:03 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:55 pm
Cheer up boys, looks like things might get back to normal now we have all done the hard yards.
Bit of short term pain for long term gain as I see it.
Gold stars for the 12 people that voted on the month of May to go fishing...it's looking very promising indeed!
I just hope people don't get too complacent. Every outbreak (allowing cruise ships to disembark aside) started from a handful of infected people.

If there's even one or two infected people and the relaxation of the restrictions means they're able to get in contact with more people this thing will just start spreading again and we're back at square 1 with all the sacrifice made over the previous month and a half gone completely to waste.

It delays the full reopening and puts a stop to any plans to allow travel to NZ (they've eradicated it and would be mad to allow travel to a country with suspected community spread).
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri May 08, 2020 1:10 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:46 pm
piscateur wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:41 pm
Stumpjumper wrote:
Lol, literally can make this stuff up. when there is overwhelming evidence out there as to which countried have and have not done well, we have this trump supporter. Carry on, I'm gonna invest in Tin mining.
I'm talking about the fishing bans.
How many times do you need to be proven statistically wrong before you stop making a fool of yourself. You've already stated you dont' care how many people die. What piece of evidence do you need to see to change your mind?
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

4liters

Post by 4liters » Fri May 08, 2020 1:16 pm

'Murica

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri May 08, 2020 1:20 pm

We need foreign intervention to prevent the CIA arming the Afghans with surface to air lures in an attempt to shoot down government sponsored drones dropping baits for sharks at 90 mile.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Return to “General”