Corona Virus Part 3

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Bugatti

Re: Corona Virus Part 3

Post by Bugatti » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:43 pm

Love Boat.JPG

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:05 am

But but but what if everything they tell us about the tracking app is “non core” policy.

Out of curiosity, if a virus tracking app is released in Australia, who here (FV) will use it and who won’t?

For me, well, I’ve already bought a burner phone, but then, I’m paranoid, at least that’s what my psych tells me.

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:23 am

Our phones basically track us now, criminals get caught when their phones ping on different towers, my phone connects to the car and knows where I’m going on certain days. It’s happening already without many people worrying too much about it. Probably more stuff happening that I don’t even know about.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:39 am

Troy McLure wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:23 am
Our phones basically track us now, criminals get caught when their phones ping on different towers, my phone connects to the car and knows where I’m going on certain days. It’s happening already without many people worrying too much about it. Probably more stuff happening that I don’t even know about.
Exactly!!!!! :nw: :nw: :nw:
if you have a smartphone, then its already too late to complain.
in saying that, i will not download the App. all my bream super spots will be pinched by the Australian Government :rf:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:00 am

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:09 am

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:48 am

It also says..

"There are opportunities for some of those recreational activities that people are not able to partake in, maybe we can change some of those rules."
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:09 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:48 am
It also says..

"There are opportunities for some of those recreational activities that people are not able to partake in, maybe we can change some of those rules."
Catching up with reality perhaps.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:35 pm

Walking the dogs yesterday with a tear in my eye
Attachments
823B96EF-463F-486E-A6EA-CEAD21F8F756.jpeg

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:11 pm
re-tyred wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:56 pm
An explanation of a likely contact tracing app I have stolen this from another place. Not my words

It has become clear from reading social media that many people have both an irrational fear along with a poor understanding of exactly what any proposed COVID-19 contact tracing app is or how it works.
#
#
#
#
If you’re worried about personal data being collected, don’t be. At least one proposal makes it clear that data is likely to be stored on the device … your phone … and that you would need to provide both the device and specific permission for that data to be used. Once the pandemic is over you could simply delete the app along with the data from the device.
Remember also that you can’t access the data yourself as it would likely be encrypted. You would have no way of finding out who XYZ999 was and they would have no way of knowing who ABC123 was.

I hope this makes things clearer and goes some way toward explaining why a contact tracing app is a good thing and not something to be feared … and also why it is so important that the majority of people use the app in order for the system to work.

Mike, I read through the post. I do understand that the first line is you, letting us know that you found it and not your words.

But is that last line yours, or the conclusion that they have provided?

On a "Tracing Ap", the government partly has themselves to blame if we are sceptical of it. They haven't kept too many promises in the past and their "word" has diminished over the spin that they have put on things. And they use "semantics" to hide or mislead the real gist of some things they implement.

No Carbon Tax , , , , then there was a Carbon Tax

No GST , , , , then there was GST

Regards, Bugs
Only the first line is mine. The explanation was written by an IT person with no links to anything political.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “General”