When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.

When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

April 2020
7%
May 2020
22%
June 2020
22%
July 2020
10%
August 2020
3%
September 2020
10%
October 2020
7%
November 2020
5%
December 2020
2%
Sometime in 2021
12%

Total votes: 59

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Re: When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

Post by Troy McLure » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:27 pm

I’m hearing you Matt but if robots take all of our jobs and we earn no money then how can we purchase items from business? This would kill us as a capitalist society I reckon but I’m probably well out of my depth here. Not that usually stops me.
😀

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:22 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:27 pm
I’m hearing you Matt but if robots take all of our jobs and we earn no money then how can we purchase items from business? This would kill us as a capitalist society I reckon but I’m probably well out of my depth here. Not that usually stops me.
😀
When it gets to that stage the business owners will all be rich and have their own personalised bunker in NZ to ride out the impending revolution
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:40 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:39 pm
cobby wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:03 pm

Not in our nanny state bug

Our uunwise jumbo sized ear lobed premier has repeatedly said from the very beginning that no one in government will give police any form of lists or guidelines on how to interpret the health departments do's and donts. Its a very real possibility by this time next week, the amount of withdrawn fines will surpass the states death toll from the virus.
Point taken cobby, and I do feel for you guys.

Here (in SA) they haven't discounted Fishing and they have at least acknowledged that Fishing is as important as any other activity that is deemed to be acceptable. As long as we abide by all the same social distancing rules, as with all other activities.

Here in SA, I don't think we are "more" compliant than any other state , , , , but here, there have been far fewer fines issued , , , , compared to other states.

Exercise 9.JPG

Our Premier, Steven Marshall

Steven Marshall.JPG

Is a Politician , , , , and has taken his Politician Hat off and has put on his Leader Hat on and he has shown decent Leadership through this period (as best as can be , that is).

Also, I was in a Compliance role for many years, years back and I know and still keep in touch with many Police Officers here in SA. Most are understanding but admit that there are some in their ranks that are [INSERT MEANIE NAME :te: ]

My sympathies, Bugatti
It seems every other state government bothered to properly listen to their cho's and other health professionals on serious risks, ours just seen an easy cash cow with idle boats,fishing licences not being used and full knowledge that people will disobey the ludicrous and cop $1652 fines for doing so. At 11am chief health officer Brett Sutton said on live morning public radio that fishing is an extremely low risk activity, people wishing to do so must comply by social distancing and try to limit where they go to their local area, and the duration of time they fish for (Which is the rules for every other state in the country and makes perfect sense). By 8pm that day the minister for fishing and boating Jaala Pulford put out on social media that fishing does not fit in the 4 reasons to leave your house and is subsequently banned. The next morning we had a 50 minute condescending lecture from the premier under the guise of a coronavirus information press conference. The cops sent 2 jet skis and the chopper out yesterday to fine a solitary kayaker having some exercise almost within casting distance of the beach for christ sake.

Throw in someone likely involved with the gun business making pretty heavy threats of legal action against the government for their reasoning and wording behind the ban of ammunition and gun sales to those without government issued permits for feral control and the like.

It feels like all other states are the nice fundamentalist Muslim countries of the Arab world, and we're stuck behind a river and an ocean in isis controlled Syria.....

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:10 pm

Bang on the money mate. Even if this ends tomorrow, I have grown to hate the political class to levels I never thought possible.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:36 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:10 pm
Bang on the money mate. Even if this ends tomorrow, I have grown to hate the political class to levels I never thought possible.
Well you guys voted for them !
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Stumpjumper

Post by Stumpjumper » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:45 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:36 pm
Look around mate, we've got a mixture of LNP and ALP governments in the various states and territories....and the result is pretty much identical. Same smell, different sh*t.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:07 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:45 pm
cheaterparts wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:36 pm
Look around mate, we've got a mixture of LNP and ALP governments in the various states and territories....and the result is pretty much identical. Same smell, different sh*t.

I feel with a small bait I've got my first bite for weeks - that makes me feel like a fisherman

and not quite the same every other state no matter what team they play for , lets you fish
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Stumpjumper

Post by Stumpjumper » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:12 pm

True, that's why Cobby got it right....Victoria is run by Isis. :(

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnBtOPUMyqU

Featuring renowned ISIS supporters Kevin Bloody Wilson and Angry Anderson among others
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:28 pm

Spotify has thrown up a few rippers for this whole debacle. This one's for stumpy
"Free
Yeah, I'm free
From your inciting
You can't brainwash me
You've got a problem
Free
Yeah, I'm free
From society
You can't control me
I'm a defector"

And one that's slightly overdramatic...
"They'll never do what you want them to
Give it up and watch them break through
It's too late for a revolution
Brace for the final solution
Thought contagion"

Did Matt Bellamy travel back from right now to 2015 and 2018 to write those 2?

Conspiracies!

Return to “General”