In case you havent heard yet

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Bugatti

Re: In case you havent heard yet

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:14 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:42 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:19 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:39 pm
https://www.teamborn2fish.com.au/guidin ... l-services

Team Born2fish have now started guiding Services.
No apologies made for spelling though so be prepared, dont say i didnt warn you guys :-D

Aren't there a pile of "spat cookies" somewhere from B2F because of a sponsorship/advertising "discrepancies" in his LaLa Land. Yet, he gets advertising on this site, be it maybe through ridicule but notoriety nonetheless.

Not sure why we are doing "some right" by a bloke that has left the site and is etched into Vic Forum infamy. Let him come and sort his own stuff out

Hey , , , , the Minstrels may even write songs about him

Minstrel.PNG

Man, my 2 cents just can't stay in my purse , , , , um, wallet, I meant wallet , , , , delete, delete, delete , , , , why isn't it working

Cheers, Bug
Tend to agree Purp May still be mates with Phil if I remember correctly he said he was a pro team member.

Regardless this B2F crap is just another of many delusional self promoting self proclaimed gurus in the fishing game.
Might be

No dispersion on 5teve, no issue there.

I just think do right by the site you are on. I don't think Purp acted with malice, it's just B2F went that way and we are here

Oh great, now I'm down to 0.96 cents in my pur , , , , wallet. At this rate I'm spending my two cents pretty fast , , , , I just hope Maccas still have those 50c soft serves tomorrow :)

Cheers, Bugz

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:30 pm

fellas, i still chat to him here and there.. but as i said earlier in one of my posts, im not affiliated with them anymore, and he did not ask me to post this here, i did it out of my own accord. i figured people might be interested to know that such an offer is now available..
i mean in all honesty quite a lot of posts recently have been about similar topics
the man can catch fish, but im not so sure about the spelling..
Mods can delete it if its deemed as advertising..

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:12 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:30 pm
fellas, i still chat to him here and there.. but as i said earlier in one of my posts, im not affiliated with them anymore, and he did not ask me to post this here, i did it out of my own accord. i figured people might be interested to know that such an offer is now available..
i mean in all honesty quite a lot of posts recently have been about similar topics

As I said before Steve, I don't have an issue with what you did, and am aware of your ties with him.

Bugatti wrote:

Cheers, Bugz

My comments although were about B2F, it was more of a broader "philosophical" point on what gets posted on this Site. I understand it may be a bit deep thinking , , , , not intending it to be big stinking.

There are a lot of behind the scenes stuff we don't know about, and I can not begin to fathom what does go on, with the running of this Site.

As a point, there are many many members but only a small portion are active, which does get a mention or gripe occasionally. Now I'm sure if Jon was scouting out new sponsorship to help pay for the running costs of this Site, I know which number sounds more attractive (the larger one obviously). Hence no "clean out" of non-active profiles, as some may have suggested. Also, some members make a comeback , , , , even years later.

So I can imagine it is a balancing act with what is allowed/turned a blind eye to/not making a stand in fear that it may erupt/cause loss of "members" etc etc. And yes, there are a considerable amount of "links" on posts. And there are dubious mentions of gear used and subscription requests, so what is what and who is who is a complicated labyrinth of acceptance.

A post on this forum can be written, or a video, or a link to a Site, a lot of helpful info can be relayed by a member in these ways , , , , that is understandable, and happens/permitted all the time. It is just a murky grey area that some fit perfectly within that decorum but some rely on the good nature of the team for reasons they see fit for the goings on to exist.

Oh, great, now I'm down to 0.88c , , , , this post was a few cents more than the standard 2

Cheers, I can feel that soft serve ice cream slipping away, Bugatti

CremeDeLaCreme
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CremeDeLaCreme » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:29 pm

The bloke seems like a bit of an entrepreneur...

I bet in the haste to set up his "Charters" he hasn't thought about the need for a Working with Children Check.

This is a criminal check for people who have regular and / or direct contact with children under the age of eighteen which may not be directly supervised by another person. The assessment is compulsory for employment in certain occupations in Victoria.

Website looks amateurish.
Addicted to fishing since 1973

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:32 am

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:14 pm
rb85 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:42 pm
Bugatti wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:39 pm
https://www.teamborn2fish.com.au/guidin ... l-services

Team Born2fish have now started guiding Services.
No apologies made for spelling though so be prepared, dont say i didnt warn you guys :-D

Aren't there a pile of "spat cookies" somewhere from B2F because of a sponsorship/advertising "discrepancies" in his LaLa Land. Yet, he gets advertising on this site, be it maybe through ridicule but notoriety nonetheless.

Not sure why we are doing "some right" by a bloke that has left the site and is etched into Vic Forum infamy. Let him come and sort his own stuff out

Hey , , , , the Minstrels may even write songs about him

Minstrel.PNG

Man, my 2 cents just can't stay in my purse , , , , um, wallet, I meant wallet , , , , delete, delete, delete , , , , why isn't it working

Cheers, Bug
Tend to agree Purp May still be mates with Phil if I remember correctly he said he was a pro team member.

Regardless this B2F crap is just another of many delusional self promoting self proclaimed gurus in the fishing game.
Might be

I just think do right by the site you are on. I don't think Purp acted with malice, it's just B2F went that way and we are here

Oh great, now I'm down to 0.96 cents in my pur , , , , wallet. At this rate I'm spending my two cents pretty fast , , , , I just hope Maccas still have those 50c soft serves tomorrow :)

Cheers, Bugz
Cones not 70 cents
But can still make a call and complain to someone for 50 cents lol

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:08 am

purple5ive wrote:
It's a interesting idea that no one thought of yet bit don't know how he get insurance to cover himself or his advice.

Does he actully have any qualification to provide legal advice on issues

Sebb
Has liked: 3013 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:48 am

From someone with constant fear of wrong spelling, grammar etc (me), i'd say well done for them to give it a try and spent the effort.
If they continue and open for improvement, this is a learning experience for them.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:15 am

smile0784 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:08 am
purple5ive wrote:
It's a interesting idea that no one thought of yet bit don't know how he get insurance to cover himself or his advice.

Does he actully have any qualification to provide legal advice on issues
Guide on your boat his nothing new.

If thats what u meant mate ?
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:25 am

Prefer to just help people for nothing more than a thanks and a picture of a future catch.

Phil seems to be spreading himself pretty wide in his guiding service.

repspec
Has liked: 11 times

Post by repspec » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:27 am

Thanks for that purple...my brain went into meltdown trying to read that.

Good on someone for having a go, but i'd take one look at that and move on to a bigger charter operator/guide who looks more professional.

Return to “General”