Corona virus part 2

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Corona virus part 2

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:33 pm

Take the bickering elsewhere and start a new thread if you must.
but leave this one alone, there some good info in here
But if it gets out of hand i will ask the mods to delete the thread.
what has happened is an unfortunate misunderstanding between will and myself, no need to take it any further.
if anyone else was able to make sense of the audio im talking about then you must be superhuman.
no harm is speaking out the truth.
all i asked for is to "hope" the recording done were clear for us all to listen to, because i certainly wanted to listen to it.
was not having a go at anyone at all
My Apologies once again to anyone offended..

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:06 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:05 am
Yet again, the Hoarding continues.
As if it wasnt enough that earlier in the year they send heaps of medical equipment overseas, its happening all over again right now..
when will it stop??? i can understand they need the stuff, but surely most of these come from china anyway, so why do they need to send it back there again when they can just manufacture locally?
ill never understand this... Unless of course they are Lying to the rest of the world the number of cases locally, and it is by far a lot more than we are led to believe.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busines ... 86cf1158aa
From my limit understanding the masks and medical supplirs are not allowed to be sent overseas as from late last week.. These are being checked and held back custom.

But of course, 60 minutes wouldn't have told you so because it would have defeated the story in the first place.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:11 pm

VooDoo wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:06 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:05 am
Yet again, the Hoarding continues.
As if it wasnt enough that earlier in the year they send heaps of medical equipment overseas, its happening all over again right now..
when will it stop??? i can understand they need the stuff, but surely most of these come from china anyway, so why do they need to send it back there again when they can just manufacture locally?
ill never understand this... Unless of course they are Lying to the rest of the world the number of cases locally, and it is by far a lot more than we are led to believe.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busines ... 86cf1158aa
From my limit understanding the masks and medical supplirs are not allowed to be sent overseas as from late last week.. These are being checked and held back custom.

But of course, 60 minutes wouldn't have told you so because it would have defeated the story in the first place.
yep, the ban was enforced some time last week, but i believe some of these shipments were in january.
the ones being done now is definitely not going to go through

i dont understand why they dont just manufacture locally as most of these things come from there anyway?
surely in an emergency like this the government will give exemption to companies who will be helping the cause locally.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:14 pm

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:17 pm

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:21 pm

Handy for our isolated communities and elderly.

Milk saving Hack

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:26 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:33 pm
what has happened is an unfortunate misunderstanding between will and myself, no need to take it any further.
if anyone else was able to make sense of the audio im talking about then you must be superhuman.
all i asked for is to "hope" the recording done were clear for us all to listen to, because i certainly wanted to listen to it.
I was thinking of a thread name.. Something like - Most hated and annoying dumb a$$ on FV?

Thumbs up to you champ.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:28 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:33 pm
To your credit you have came out and apologised for what was written - you are a bigger man for doing so.

However, please note there is a difference between constructive criticism and just criticism. Apologies first but your initial respond was definitely the later category, not the former. I believe if you were on the receiving end in Truedogz shoe, i think you would have responded in a much harsher manner than that of Truedogz. Please do consider what and how you reply so that it is constructive in the issue being discussed or the argument being debated.

This leads to my next point about you don't want anyone to derail the purpose of this thread but you almost did by one single reply you posted. Truedogz had been a breath of fresh air within this suffocating environment since his first post back. I am not alone in echoing this sentiment at all. Hope Truedogz will reconsider his stand as indicated by the last sentence and still continue to take the effort and time to post updates, information and explanation of the current climate we are living in so we all can benefit and broaden our knowledge.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Truedogz wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:59 am
I am busy working on my truck and have just finished listening to Neil Mitchell interview Prof Tony Blakely. I hope 3AW creates a link on their website so that people can listen to it. If you can please do so.

Summarising what Tony just said:

1. We have done better than anyone thought and, for the moment, we have got control. We are at a crossroads to make a critical decision into which one of three directions we can go:

A. Full lockdown and total eradication (try to beat the kiwis) though he doubts it can be totally successful (his tone suggests the kiwis might not succeed in total eradication either);

B. Keep the virus under low levels with long term restrictions playing 'whack a mole' until there is a vaccine. Problem is what if there is no vaccine? He is hopeful but there is no guarantee, no one has created a successful one for a corona virus to date;

C. Release the brakes a bit, slowly let the virus sweep through the population to provide long term immunity and protection. It sweeps through a rate that does not overwhelm the hospital system. The advantage is long term protection and with the least restrictions on the community though there will still be a lot.

He was asked which is the best option. He doesn't think A as it could be a lot of pain for very little gain. Not sure on the other two as he wan'ts to see the government modelling (similar to what I presented). He thinks they are backpedelling on releasing the modelling as the game has changed.

A critical decision has to be made over the next few weeks.

Best Wishes

Truedogz
Thanks again for your ongoing updates and information it has made it easier for myself and others to gain a better understanding on what’s unfolding and the reasoning behind decision making.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:42 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:09 am
Truedogz wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:59 am
I am busy working on my truck and have just finished listening to Neil Mitchell interview Prof Tony Blakely. I hope 3AW creates a link on their website so that people can listen to it. If you can please do so.

Summarising what Tony just said:

1. We have done better than anyone thought and, for the moment, we have got control. We are at a crossroads to make a critical decision into which one of three directions we can go:

A. Full lockdown and total eradication (try to beat the kiwis) though he doubts it can be totally successful (his tone suggests the kiwis might not succeed in total eradication either);

B. Keep the virus under low levels with long term restrictions playing 'whack a mole' until there is a vaccine. Problem is what if there is no vaccine? He is hopeful but there is no guarantee, no one has created a successful one for a corona virus to date;

C. Release the brakes a bit, slowly let the virus sweep through the population to provide long term immunity and protection. It sweeps through a rate that does not overwhelm the hospital system. The advantage is long term protection and with the least restrictions on the community though there will still be a lot.

He was asked which is the best option. He doesn't think A as it could be a lot of pain for very little gain. Not sure on the other two as he wan'ts to see the government modelling (similar to what I presented). He thinks they are backpedelling on releasing the modelling as the game has changed.

A critical decision has to be made over the next few weeks.

Best Wishes

Truedogz
This is good news. :gj:

But for the love of god, please let the recording be usable to most people, one of the first links provided a while ago was absolutely useless to me as i couldnt make out a word the old fella was saying.
no disrespect to anyone, so please dont take it the wrong way.
cheers
Same interview given on ABC morning TV show, so I expect it to repeated on TV during the day

Return to “General”