Corona virus part 2

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Corona virus part 2

Post by davek » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:39 pm

colnick wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:31 pm
I have just gone back and read purple's original comment on the Truedogz post. He might have been a bit more diplomatic about it but I can't honestly interpret it as a slight on Truedogz integrity and I am genuinely surprised that he was so deeply offended by what was clearly an unintended personal criticism. Truedogz has a lot to offer. It will be a tragedy if he once again leaves us over such a minor misunderstanding.
It is a tragedy and he has left us. Truedogz knows the gravity of the situation and the government is making huge decisions but P5 complains about audio quality, I can see Truedogz frustration, cheers davo.
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

colnick
Has liked: 37 times

Post by colnick » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:54 pm

davek wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:39 pm
colnick wrote:
I have just gone back and read purple's original comment on the Truedogz post. He might have been a bit more diplomatic about it but I can't honestly interpret it as a slight on Truedogz integrity and I am genuinely surprised that he was so deeply offended by what was clearly an unintended personal criticism. Truedogz has a lot to offer. It will be a tragedy if he once again leaves us over such a minor misunderstanding.
It is a tragedy and he has left us. Truedogz knows the gravity of the situation and the government is making huge decisions but P5 complains about audio quality, I can see Truedogz frustration, cheers davo.
Yes davo, I can understand Truedogz frustration at such a trivial complaint but I can't understand how he interpreted it as such a personal slight that he felt he could no longer make his valuable contributions to the forum.
Cheers, Col

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:04 pm

colnick wrote:
Well Colnick, let's look at it this way:

Person A is walking down the street and see Person B asking if he could help out with his needs (for example, financial help).

Person A decided to stop and put his hand in the pocket and then pass over some loose silver coins to Person B.

Instead of saying this to the generous Person A: "Thank you sir but that would not endure me through the hardship i am facing, can you able to help me out a bit more?" - Person B started to whinge and whine about the pittance Person A had given him, crying wolf that it is not to what he has expected.

Colnick, if you are Person A - what would you have done???

I am no saint and take my hats off to Truedogz for his measured respond - I would have told Person B to Effing Pi$$ off - if you are so farking so good why do you do it yourself in the effing first place!!!! - glad it wasn't me in Person A shoe.

As i mentioned in previous posts - we are all here due to our common passion and love to fish - just remember to be respectful to each and you will get the respect in return X 10. There are many way to get your message across - just don't type out the first thought it popped into your mind coz usually those first thoughts are crap.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:11 pm

If i was spending time making graphs and explaining things for the average Joe to understand (which Will said he has spent hours) I'd be pretty pissed off too if the dud that keeps posting bull like goats milk and Olympics stuff has something to say about the quality of the audio of someone important (Prof. Tony Blakely) explaining whats going on, calling him "the old fella". The dud is just an entitled knob and has ruined it for everyone.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:55 pm

On the one hand the virus is pretty bad, on the other it has led to some pretty funny memes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=BMPR0DmX7zM&feature=emb_logo
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:10 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:11 pm
If i was spending time making graphs and explaining things for the average Joe to understand (which Will said he has spent hours) I'd be pretty pissed off too if the dud that keeps posting bull like goats milk and Olympics stuff has something to say about the quality of the audio of someone important (Prof. Tony Blakely) explaining whats going on, calling him "the old fella". The dud is just an entitled knob and has ruined it for everyone.
I have to agree here after reading through what happened earlier today. All I can say is that I have met Will a few times and he is the most genuine bloke you could met who has a wealth of knowledge and loves sharing what he knows. It was very disrespectful what happened and I hope he comes back on because he is the only person who has said more than 1 sensible thing about the coronavirus. Sometimes you need to just shut up and listen this is the time. Thank you Will :tu:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:31 pm

Lets not make this worse than it all ready is guys and have another thread locked. Considering the effort Will/Truedogz has put in to keep us well informed I was a little bemused by P5's choice of words but I don't think it is up to us punters to crucify him theres Mod's here and Truedogz called out what he felt was disrespectful.

Hopefully Truedogz reconsiders his decision to vacate the site as his knowledge on fishing and this situation is invaluable.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:51 pm

colnick wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:54 pm
davek wrote:
colnick wrote:
Yes davo, I can understand Truedogz frustration at such a trivial complaint but I can't understand how he interpreted it as such a personal slight that he felt he could no longer make his valuable contributions to the forum.
Cheers, Col
I only mentioned the audio quality because I actually wanted to hear what was being said. I speak for myself here, but I'm Fairly sure quite a few here are in the same boat as me in regards to this .
People seem to be taking it as an opportunity to make a mockery of the situation.
I never personally pointed the finger at TD or at the person who was speaking on the audio clip.
Merely hoping that the audio clips that were to come would be of listenable quality. Nothing more.
You people need to stop talking like nothing like this has never happened before.move on fellas it's not the end of the world.

If Will doesnt want to accept and see past the apology I have publically given, then so be it.
I belive I have done nothing wrong and the intention was to never hurt anyone.

Rest assured .
There will be no more apologies from me to anyone in regards to this topic.
If you dont like it, bad luck..I do not have to justify myself anymore than I already have..

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:00 pm

4Litres's, Boris Johnson post reminds me , , , ,

My Mum, has congnative function and remembers most things but does occasionally forget things, and sometimes forgets the same thing over and over.

So in saying that , , , ,

Poor Old Prince Charles has caught COVID-19 11 times and Boris Johnson has caught it so far 8 times.

I smiled when a reporter mentioned Prince Charles's recovery from COVID-19 and Mum surprised and alarmed said 'What, when did he get it" , , , , so make that 12 times

As a peculiar part of life , , , , Tom Hanks has only caught it once but Mum forgets that she has told me, and keeps telling me over and over , , , , I'm finding new ways of saying "really" in a surprised way :-D

Cheers Bugatti

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:16 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:51 pm
colnick wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:54 pm
davek wrote:
colnick wrote:
Cheers, Col
I only mentioned the audio quality because I actually wanted to hear what was being said. I speak for myself here, but I'm Fairly sure quite a few here are in the same boat as me in regards to this .
People seem to be taking it as an opportunity to make a mockery of the situation.
I never personally pointed the finger at TD or at the person who was speaking on the audio clip.
Merely hoping that the audio clips that were to come would be of listenable quality. Nothing more.
You people need to stop talking like nothing like this has never happened before.move on fellas it's not the end of the world.

If Will doesnt want to accept and see past the apology I have publically given, then so be it.
I belive I have done nothing wrong and the intention was to never hurt anyone.

Rest assured .
There will be no more apologies from me to anyone in regards to this topic.
If you dont like it, bad luck..I do not have to justify myself anymore than I already have..
Relax Stevo it's a stressful time for everyone No one is saying you intended to upset Will. It's more the fact that he puts so much time into anything he does to help others and for a minor thing to be called out pissed him off and totally understandable but everyone on this site also knows that your a good bloke and your heart is in the right place. Everyone makes mistakes I make plenty everyday ask anyone on here :tu:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “General”