Corona virus part 2

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
colnick
Has liked: 37 times

Re: Corona virus part 2

Post by colnick » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:16 pm

VooDoo wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:04 pm
colnick wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:31 pm
I have just gone back and read purple's original comment on the Truedogz post. He might have been a bit more diplomatic about it but I can't honestly interpret it as a slight on Truedogz integrity and I am genuinely surprised that he was so deeply offended by what was clearly an unintended personal criticism. Truedogz has a lot to offer. It will be a tragedy if he once again leaves us over such a minor misunderstanding.
Well Colnick, let's look at it this way:

Person A is walking down the street and see Person B asking if he could help out with his needs (for example, financial help).

Person A decided to stop and put his hand in the pocket and then pass over some loose silver coins to Person B.

Instead of saying this to the generous Person A: "Thank you sir but that would not endure me through the hardship i am facing, can you able to help me out a bit more?" - Person B started to whinge and whine about the pittance Person A had given him, crying wolf that it is not to what he has expected.

Colnick, if you are Person A - what would you have done???

I am no saint and take my hats off to Truedogz for his measured respond - I would have told Person B to Effing Pi$$ off - if you are so farking so good why do you do it yourself in the effing first place!!!! - glad it wasn't me in Person A shoe.

As i mentioned in previous posts - we are all here due to our common passion and love to fish - just remember to be respectful to each and you will get the respect in return X 10. There are many way to get your message across - just don't type out the first thought it popped into your mind coz usually those first thoughts are crap.
With respect Voodoo, I don't think your analogy is relevant. I have absolute respect for Truedogz and I hope I have demonstrated this in previous posts. I cannot agree though that his response was measured in this case. He was quite entitled to get irritated by a thoughtless post from purple but
to leave the forum seems to be a vast overreaction.
I won't be aggravating the situation by making any further comments.
Regards, Col.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:21 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:11 pm
If i was spending time making graphs and explaining things for the average Joe to understand (which Will said he has spent hours) I'd be pretty pissed off too if the dud that keeps posting bull like goats milk and Olympics stuff has something to say about the quality of the audio of someone important (Prof. Tony Blakely) explaining whats going on, calling him "the old fella". The dud is just an entitled knob and has ruined it for everyone.
I started this thread to post so called bull (information from news websites about the virus and associated articles)
If you dont like it jog on..

I'm sure if Will wanted to start his own thread about the subject the mods would be most accommodating of it.
Infact would be a good idea if a new one was started with just his posts, as the way this is going it will be locked very soon. And about time I think 40 pages is a bit too far fetched as is..

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:33 pm

You've had dramas with so many members.. and now saying Will should have started his own thread like you own this one? He's actually adding value to this thread unlike yourself. You're such a knob.

I don't think anyone would complain if you jogged on.

Truedogz
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Truedogz » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:37 pm

I've been phoned by a friend about this thread so will respond.

Purplefive, thankyou for the apology.

My reaction was the way it was for two reasons:
1. The gravity of this situation. The government has to decide how many people to die versus how many jobs to save versus social unrest. No one has had to do this since Menzies declared war in 1939;
2. Members of the public giving me a hard time at my workplace about my posts here. Just like the fallout from the codference. I've been accused of being an Andrews lover, a Morrison lover, etc. .

I have put up with some heat (I work in a public place) to try to get information out to not only FV members but the broader community. I am not on facebook or twitter. I know one Australian CEO and several highly placed managers in large companies have been following this thread to get a handle on the situation - the information has been widely circulated which was my intent.

There is nothing further now really to add to this thread. I've put the graphs to indicate the gravity of the situation and help people understand the options. The government now must decide do we live like this for 12-18 months or ease things at the cost of some lives. A dreadful choice.

Given the public life I have had and the trauma over the past 10 years I am sensitive. Social media and forums are not for me.

So again, thankyou purplefive for the apology.

And thankyou Davek for your understanding.

Truedogz

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:52 pm

Don’t know how anyone could suggest a political bias from your posts.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:02 pm

Does anyone else see a major discrepency with this graph?
Attachments
corona.PNG
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:04 pm

Truedogz wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:37 pm
I've been phoned by a friend about this thread so will respond.

Purplefive, thankyou for the apology.

My reaction was the way it was for two reasons:
1. The gravity of this situation. The government has to decide how many people to die versus how many jobs to save versus social unrest. No one has had to do this since Menzies declared war in 1939;
2. Members of the public giving me a hard time at my workplace about my posts here. Just like the fallout from the codference. I've been accused of being an Andrews lover, a Morrison lover, etc. .

I have put up with some heat (I work in a public place) to try to get information out to not only FV members but the broader community. I am not on facebook or twitter. I know one Australian CEO and several highly placed managers in large companies have been following this thread to get a handle on the situation - the information has been widely circulated which was my intent.

There is nothing further now really to add to this thread. I've put the graphs to indicate the gravity of the situation and help people understand the options. The government now must decide do we live like this for 12-18 months or ease things at the cost of some lives. A dreadful choice.

Given the public life I have had and the trauma over the past 10 years I am sensitive. Social media and forums are not for me.

So again, thankyou purplefive for the apology.

And thankyou Davek for your understanding.

Truedogz
Thanks for coming back and clearing things up Will.
Appreciate it. I hope the government makes the right choices, I feel so far they have and have copped it for backing them on it for that one reason alone, so I understand where you are coming from to a certain degree.
Let's hope the bullying(about the whole situation cause by the pandemic) stops soon and we are back to our normal lives.
Cheers
Last edited by purple5ive on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:05 pm

rb85 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:52 pm
Don’t know how anyone could suggest a political bias from your posts.
Me either.. And from the codfrence? I think these people you're talking about are just envious of your knowledge Will and the respect you're shown.

If it means anything, I understand your stance on social media. I don't like it much either, and completely understand if you don't want to post as much or at all.

Thank you once again Will for your input over the past couple weeks.

Cheers, Anth

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:30 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:33 pm
You've had dramas with so many members.. and now saying Will should have started his own thread like you own this one? He's actually adding value to this thread unlike yourself. You're such a knob.

I don't think anyone would complain if you jogged on.
I have refrained from calling names here as much as I can, please try and do the same.
If not I will have to report the post, what happens after is up to the mods.
I have put up with it the past few posts, so try to be reasonable.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:05 pm

ohh have you now? Hasn't stopped you before. Or is it because if you start name calling like you usually do you'll look even more like one?

Return to “General”