Corona Buddies

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
AzCoy7
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Corona Buddies

Post by AzCoy7 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:34 am

hello! hi bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:25 pm

Was going to make a tray of Pastichio. Which is a Greek dish, similar to Lasagna but is made with Penne, Bechamel Sauce and Bolognese Sauce.

So if you make one tray, making 4 is not that much more difficult. So I thought I'd make three extra. A small one each for two couples in the street (on hard times) and a largish one for a family that has helped me and mine over the last few weeks. All in Aluminium Trays to save them the clean up (and I don't have to hunt my Baking Trays :-D ). And also a serve of Bolognese Sauce each, for a Pasta dinner for another night.

Trays are out, sauce ready.

Pastitchio 5.JPG

Being a big cook up, two trays at a time.

One tray has a layer Penne with Bechamel sauce, the other is the same with its layer of Bolognese sauce on top of the first layer of Penne.

Pastitchio 3.JPG

Two trays done. A layer of Penne, a layer of Bolognese, and then a layer of penne on top. All bound together with Bechamel Sauce, topped off with some Parmesan Cheese (and a cheeky sprinkle of Mozzarella Cheese as well , , , , sssssh)

Pastitchio 2.JPG

And here it is , , , , mmmmm :bn:
Kids loved it, and the ex got a serve as well.

Pastitchio 1.JPG

Now to do the dishes :(

Pastitchio 6.JPG

Cheers, Bugatti (who cheats when he makes his Bechamel Sauce , , , , just don't tell Steveo ;-) )

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:03 am

Good job. Ive been making a lot of soup lately and giving half to the inlaws. They are loving it, especially since i cant give them any fish at the moment.

Also, no need to cheat with Bechamel, the ratio for is easy to remember - 100g flour and 100g butter for every litre of milk.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:50 am

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:03 am
Good job. Ive been making a lot of soup lately and giving half to the inlaws. They are loving it, especially since i cant give them any fish at the moment.

Also, no need to cheat with Bechamel, the ratio for is easy to remember - 100g flour and 100g butter for every litre of milk.
You're a good Son in-law :tu:
There are a lot of foods that, making one or twenty , , , , or a Bowl or a Pot (or a witches cauldron) isn't that much more work. Great to hear you share the love , , , , and soup :gj:

Yeah, I don't have a problem making the butter/flour paste/dough. Melt butter, stir in flour , , , , presto base dough made. It's the milk quantity I get wrong and I end up making Bechamel Goop (yes, I constantly stir but it goops up). But now that you've given me the secret portion litreage of Milk. I shall give that another go.

I used to make it that way for years and it comes out different every time.

Now , , , , don't cringe , , , , but I heat the milk up to a slow simmer and thicken it with , , , , yep you guessed it , , , , Nurses Cornflour (it's a brand I've always used but I dare say only because it says Nurses on it , , , , I mean really, who doesn't like Nurses :-D ). I let it cool somewhat then mix and egg in it and also some salt and pepper.

Cheers, BugNurses :-D

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:58 am

The Yellow (and white) box of Nurses Cornflour :-D

Nurses.JPG

When I changed to making the Bechamel with Cornflour , , , , no one noticed , , , , not sure if that means my Paastichio was always bad tasting and no one had the heart to tell me.

But, it does taste nice, I think it still tastes like the ridgy didge

Cheers, Bugs Cheater

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:27 am

Bugatti wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:24 am
Scomo says "We are all in it together" and then he said some other stuff

Buying toilet paper for someone else's tusshie is an obvious way of helping. But I have come to realise help comes in many forms.

croe and Truedogz with their very informative contributions. And to all the the other contributors on the issues and issues that arise. All which helps inform and alleviate some of us who appreciate the insight :nw:

Seb , , , , for , , , , being your ever lovable sweet self , , , , I'm sure you're that nice, you ooze Maple Syrup but that doesn't mean you can sit on my Pancakes :-D

Tex and the other larrikins, who add levity to a testing period :tu:

To many members who have become more active, gives it a nice community spirit.

To the adult (with out agro) banter which informs us all and is thought provoking , , , , but equally dispels myths and falsehoods. I'm personally grateful to Stumpjumper, purple5teve, 4Litres, Brett and re-tyred for a correction BUT equally teaching me to question information.

So we are all in it together.

This unprecedented event should have at the very least taught us a perspective on anything and everything really. We all may not see eye to eye, we may not get along all the time, we may get a bit heated at times , , , , but we are all in it together.

Some trying times ahead of us ALL they tell us (they talk a lot), and it would be nice as a Forum Community if we can welcome back some that may have left for what ever reason.

Jimbo, you are missed, jedz hope this reaches you, Dougie (we may have had our differences but please come back, and I agree with you, ALL Bugattis no matter what colour are our brothers). And to all the members who just need that bit of encouragement, come back :ch:

Cheers, Bill :bn:
I miss Jasonfish and whilst your thanking people you forgot me.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:10 am

rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:27 am
Bugatti wrote:

the other larrikins, who add levity to a testing period :tu:
whilst your thanking people you forgot me.
rb, not forgotten , , , , I have you that high on a pedestal, that I couldn't see you without causing a big creak in my neck :-D

But on a serious note, I have noticed (even reading back on posts in my absence) that you Reverend rb have been a level and stabilising influence with a fair few of your posts, sometimes chiming in with a sensible perspective & advice to ease tension in a thread that is starting to unravel :tu:

And yes , , , , YooToo VooDoo, you're another member who seems to know exactly when to add sensibility to a thread :tu:

Cheers Bugs

And to anyone else I may have forgotten

🎼🎵🎶

Don't blame it on the Sunshine.
Don't blame it on the Moonlight.
Don't blame it on the Good times.
Just blame it on the Bugatti :-D

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:59 am

Bugatti wrote:
Scomo says "We are all in it together" and then he said some other stuff

Buying toilet paper for someone else's tusshie is an obvious way of helping. But I have come to realise help comes in many forms.

croe and Truedogz with their very informative contributions. And to all the the other contributors on the issues and issues that arise. All which helps inform and alleviate some of us who appreciate the insight :nw:

Seb , , , , for , , , , being your ever lovable sweet self , , , , I'm sure you're that nice, you ooze Maple Syrup but that doesn't mean you can sit on my Pancakes :-D

Tex and the other larrikins, who add levity to a testing period :tu:

To many members who have become more active, gives it a nice community spirit.

To the adult (with out agro) banter which informs us all and is thought provoking , , , , but equally dispels myths and falsehoods. I'm personally grateful to Stumpjumper, purple5teve, 4Litres, Brett and re-tyred for a correction BUT equally teaching me to question information.

So we are all in it together.

This unprecedented event should have at the very least taught us a perspective on anything and everything really. We all may not see eye to eye, we may not get along all the time, we may get a bit heated at times , , , , but we are all in it together.

Some trying times ahead of us ALL they tell us (they talk a lot), and it would be nice as a Forum Community if we can welcome back some that may have left for what ever reason.

Jimbo, you are missed, jedz hope this reaches you, Dougie (we may have had our differences but please come back, and I agree with you, ALL Bugattis no matter what colour are our brothers). And to all the members who just need that bit of encouragement, come back :ch:

Cheers, Bill :bn:
Bug you forgot Jasonfish miss that guy

You forgot to thank me also my friend
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:52 am

rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:59 am

You forgot to thank me also my friend
And rb :-D

On a sincere note, Reverend rb, you have at times of need, been quite the bloke who adds a grounded perspective and a calming post to threads that are starting to go off the rails a bit :tu:

As VooDoo Doos Too :tu:

I know on occassion, that a post from either of you two have made me re-think and take a more subdued approach.

Hugs and kisses to you both :nw:

Cheers, Bugatti

Return to “General”