Corona Buddies

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Bugatti

Re: Corona Buddies

Post by Bugatti » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:11 pm

Thanks guys :vy:

Truth be told, I'm probably a bad bloke who does nice things, probably seeking atonement for my sins in my youth.

But, let's get some good feel back, let's post all the good stories that we may have come across.

Cheers, BadBugatti , , , , I hear the ladies like a BadBoy :-D

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:34 pm

"On The Run", OTR is a South Australian Company which employs over 3,000 people.

OTR.JPG

A week ago (so way before Scomo's 2nd round stimulus package announcement for some relief for workers)

So, a week ago, OTR implemented THEIR OWN employee support programme.

Any employee who has any time off work due to the COVID-19 issue (or even sick for any reason), be it being sick or even if it is the 14 day self isolation requirement , , , , and has no more sick leave , , , , OTR will pay them still, calling it Compassionate Leave, paying the employee their full wage for the entire time they are off work.

OTR :nw:

Cheers, Bugs

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:47 pm

My employer too bug
They're paying me as normal
Hoping for some o/t in the coming weeks
Come on centrelink get your computer working
Feel sorry for all the casual workers, stevo the tiger for instance
Dealing with centrelink is a headache at the best of times
Barmah Pete cancelled all his mowing jobs, I said he can continue as normal, just try and not break the 1.5 mtr rule.
Am I right ?????
Cheers Gra
Still maybe going to Barmah forest (Not Cobrawonga)

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:21 pm

Getting old mate ready for a month of not being able to go fishing outdoors

2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:46 pm

4liters wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:21 pm

What size can you feasibily keep a cod in a tank until? Do you have any control over growth rate through feeding and tank size?

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:50 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:46 pm
4liters wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:21 pm

What size can you feasibily keep a cod in a tank until? Do you have any control over growth rate through feeding and tank size?
That's a blackfish not a cod. He's pretty friendly and quite happy to eat out of your hands.

I assume you're only limited by the size of your tank though - if you have a 5m*2m*2m tank (and a concrete slab to put it on) you could keep a pretty big cod happy.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:00 pm

Someone i know has a cod in their tank. They will only grow to the tank size. Once they upgraded the tank the fish grew.

Cheers, Anth

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:59 pm

Texas wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:47 pm
My employer too bug
They're paying me as normal
Hoping for some o/t in the coming weeks
Come on centrelink get your computer working
Feel sorry for all the casual workers, stevo the tiger for instance
Dealing with centrelink is a headache at the best of times
I think i was lucky as my work was shut down early so i am already part way through the process. However their whole website seems to have crashed under the load so i havent even been able to complete my application. Also they say they are waiving the normal 12 week waiting period, but ive heard that these temporarily unemployed payments wont start until late April. This whole situation is getting out of hand and it seems to be my sector of the work force that is copping the worst of it with all hospitality shut down.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

fortula999
Has liked: 21 times

Post by fortula999 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:31 pm

You gotta feel for the people who have been laid off and had to get up before dawn to queue for centrelink...

Can't imagine how that would feel

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:24 am

Scomo says "We are all in it together" and then he said some other stuff

Buying toilet paper for someone else's tusshie is an obvious way of helping. But I have come to realise help comes in many forms.

croe and Truedogz with their very informative contributions. And to all the the other contributors on the issues and issues that arise. All which helps inform and alleviate some of us who appreciate the insight :nw:

Seb , , , , for , , , , being your ever lovable sweet self , , , , I'm sure you're that nice, you ooze Maple Syrup but that doesn't mean you can sit on my Pancakes :-D

Tex and the other larrikins, who add levity to a testing period :tu:

To many members who have become more active, gives it a nice community spirit.

To the adult (with out agro) banter which informs us all and is thought provoking , , , , but equally dispels myths and falsehoods. I'm personally grateful to Stumpjumper, purple5teve, 4Litres, Brett and re-tyred for a correction BUT equally teaching me to question information.

So we are all in it together.

This unprecedented event should have at the very least taught us a perspective on anything and everything really. We all may not see eye to eye, we may not get along all the time, we may get a bit heated at times , , , , but we are all in it together.

Some trying times ahead of us ALL they tell us (they talk a lot), and it would be nice as a Forum Community if we can welcome back some that may have left for what ever reason.

Jimbo, you are missed, jedz hope this reaches you, Dougie (we may have had our differences but please come back, and I agree with you, ALL Bugattis no matter what colour are our brothers). And to all the members who just need that bit of encouragement, come back :ch:

Cheers, Bill :bn:

Return to “General”