Corona Virus Part 3

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Bugatti

Re: Corona Virus Part 3

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:08 pm

VooDoo wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:01 pm

Meppstas (Adrian) ... i have forgotten about mentioning you previously but sending my best wishes to you and your better half in staying safe and sound getting through this crisis.

Looking forward to counting your catches with you when the dust settled ... and the Bugman and Texas still wanting to fish with you - so do all of us here at FV.

Ditto here, Pam & Adrian :tu:

(and you too Zoe :vy: )

Cheers, Bill
Last edited by Bugatti on Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:08 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:52 pm
croe04 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:27 pm
4liters wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:17 pm
part of me wants to collect as many daily coronavirus case graphs as I can find and find out the exact date that stay at home orders were introduced for each region to show the impact social distancing has on the number of cases, but I feel like people have made up their minds and facts probably won't make much differnce.
Here you go
Bit of a broader scope than what you specified but it definitely gets the point across
Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 6.26.21 pm.png

Nice :tu:

Not sure where you guys get all this great info (I can't even work out which fish tail belongs to which fish)

croe, a question if I may.

I checked out the graph and with my little understanding that it takes a few days or a week or sometime for cases to appear, in your opinion what was the start of the crucial changes/restrictions that showed a decline in new cases?

Cheers, Bugs
It's difficult to definitively pinpoint which measure was the nail in the coffin but the most important are limiting people's mobility and social distancing.
Reducing gathering size and stopping recreational outings like dining in conjunction with social distancing immobilizes the virus as those who are not infected have far less exposure and those who are have far less opportunity to expose others.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:43 pm

Guess what day it is today lol

2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:02 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:57 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:37 pm
Stumpjumper wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:27 pm
You got the tracking app yet Bugs?

Nah , , , , just Tinder :-D
But on a serious note

A lot has been said that is "pragmatic" and a lot has been from a "preserving life" perspective. We all have a stand point somewhere within that spectrum.

Contrary to anyone's belief, I am not "Pro-Government" but I am putting a judgement in what has been presented by many sources and have my stand point.

BUT Tracking Aps etc etc are a definite no go for me.

Stumpy, I don't disagree with you on most points ( just a degree of it). And I do acknowledge that what has been asked of the Australian public to endure is very substantial. But I am Pro-Life.

Regards, Bill
Been getting much Tinder action Bug
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:42 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:26 pm
Closing our borders permanently to overseas travellers to kerb transmissions is an illusion.

Relaxing "Stay at Home" orders , is also an illusion.

It's all about us , , , , how we take control of it.

There are many laws in Australian to kerb deaths and injuries , , , , Road Rules, Murder, Robbery, Assault etc etc. There are heaps of Australians who flout these Laws and plenty of innocent people pay the penalty of that.

So even current , , , , 1.5 m Distancing, Social Distancing, Essential Activities, Wash your hands , , , , there are plenty of people flouting current Coronavirus Restrictions , , , , little alone if we loosening those Restrictions.

A few people in Tasmania made poor choices, one allegedly even lied to conceal activity. As a result , , , , An Outbreak , , , , 2 Hospitals Closed, 3 Aged Care Facilities in Lock-down AND more than a 1,000 people, as a result, are in quarantine AND up to 5,000 people are being chased up in tracing contacts.

So we don't need overseas travellers , , , , Australia is quite capable of spreading COVID-19 all on its own.

Tas 1.JPG

Tas 2.JPG

To show how it hits home , , , , the yellow stars are the outbreak locations , , , , the red location indicator is where meppstas (Adrian) with his lovely wife live. Real people, people that we know and a bloke who I would like to win the Ulverstone Trophy at least ten more years :)

Adrian Outbreak.JPG

Regards, Bugatti
It's not the first time there has been an outbreak down in Tassie and probably not the last....
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:06 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:43 pm
Guess what day it is today lol

Lol quite funny. Any chance you can edit the sentence at the bottom of your posts or were you the fish Vic fisting champion. It makes me laugh every time you post

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:56 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:02 pm
It's funny, it was only a month ago all that happened but everything has moved so fast it seems like an absolute age. I still remember sitting in my tent at Portland on Australia Day flicking through the news on my phone before the battery ran out, reading about how China was starting to lock everything down because of some new virus no one knew anything about.

If you'd told me back then it was going to end up as a global pandemic and we'd all be locked up for a couple of months you could've knocked me over with a feather.
I remember driving home from work one afternoon listening to people calling Triple M reporting everybody going crazy buying up all the toilet paper. Even on what turned out to be my last day at work we were all joking about going to need to clean out our lockers and look for new jobs, 3 days later it wasnt really that funny.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:38 pm

What amazes me is, Trump Fans still defend him through all the undeniable evidence that he completely balls this up. It's now a blame game and poo is gonna get throw in every direction to distract voters.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:35 am

Boonanza wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:42 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:26 pm
Closing our borders permanently to overseas travellers to kerb transmissions is an illusion.

Relaxing "Stay at Home" orders , is also an illusion.

It's all about us , , , , how we take control of it.

There are many laws in Australian to kerb deaths and injuries , , , , Road Rules, Murder, Robbery, Assault etc etc. There are heaps of Australians who flout these Laws and plenty of innocent people pay the penalty of that.

So even current , , , , 1.5 m Distancing, Social Distancing, Essential Activities, Wash your hands , , , , there are plenty of people flouting current Coronavirus Restrictions , , , , little alone if we loosening those Restrictions.

A few people in Tasmania made poor choices, one allegedly even lied to conceal activity. As a result , , , , An Outbreak , , , , 2 Hospitals Closed, 3 Aged Care Facilities in Lock-down AND more than a 1,000 people, as a result, are in quarantine AND up to 5,000 people are being chased up in tracing contacts.

So we don't need overseas travellers , , , , Australia is quite capable of spreading COVID-19 all on its own.

Tas 1.JPG

Tas 2.JPG

To show how it hits home , , , , the yellow stars are the outbreak locations , , , , the red location indicator is where meppstas (Adrian) with his lovely wife live. Real people, people that we know and a bloke who I would like to win the Ulverstone Trophy at least ten more years :)

Adrian Outbreak.JPG

Regards, Bugatti
It's not the first time there has been an outbreak down in Tassie and probably not the last....
I went with my wife to the hospital a nurse blew her nose in a handkerchief then put it in her pocket she did not clean her hands my wife who has made me use hand sanitizers before we eat for years nearly had a heart attack. Sometimes some people who should know better get complacent.

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:18 am

piscateur wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:38 pm
What amazes me is, Trump Fans still defend him through all the undeniable evidence that he completely balls this up. It's now a blame game and poo is gonna get throw in every direction to distract voters.
It's not about Trump in the end. Americans are different to the domesticated and docile modern Aussie. They actually practice freedom, not just talk about it. They also know freedom isn't free, it never is. I would swap him for the Communist ******* Dumbo Dan in a heartbeat.

Return to “General”