Corona Virus Part 3

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Corona Virus Part 3

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:41 am

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:54 am

And heres More of what Truedog was saying in the last thread.

The decision Australia needs to make on how we end the coronavirus epidemic

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:29 am

ducky wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:36 am
Australian official modelling to be released today. But this is the modelling I’ve been watching pretty closely. The forecast isn’t doom and gloom. Unless of course you want normality back. Cos it ain’t happening between now and a vaccine being made.
Maybe not normality, that will take time unless a vaccine arrives....but house arrest will end soon, whether officially or not.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:44 am

ducky wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:36 am
Australian official modelling to be released today. But this is the modelling I’ve been watching pretty closely. The forecast isn’t doom and gloom. Unless of course you want normality back. Cos it ain’t happening between now and a vaccine being made.
Best I get in early and start a centrelink application then...

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:49 am

I’m interested to see the long term effects of Australia vs United States.

The US has a bucket load of deaths on the way. Potentially in the millions. But also they are on the fast track to herd immunity.

Through absolute mis management and the head fuckery that is their medical system they “may” actually be in a great position (if you ignore the bulk deaths) they may actually be able to start rebuilding before next winter. Assuming of course the virus doesn’t mutate further and come back for round 2

We as a nation are in the best position to avoid mass casualties but we have the other issue of needing to either make the choice to “lose” control to go for herd immunity or wait for a vaccine.

Who knows.

Note I’m just a regular schmuck who is interested in this. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:59 am

cobby wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:44 am
I started my Centrelink application when i was first laid off work, way back on 12th of March. That was a Thursday and i was in their office on the following Monday i think. Almost a month later and my application has still not been processed.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:07 pm

This one is so obvious when I have seen people wearing long term non disposable gloves at the shops - don't they realize it's just harbouring more germs unless they are properly washing them after every use? Head scratching logic.

I've used disposable gloves at the stupidmarket which have been disposed of on the walk out - then in my car I have a nozzled water bottle with a mix of water/soap and hand towel, which I wash my hands and dry my hands with before getting into the car properly.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:13 pm

ducky wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:49 am
I’m interested to see the long term effects of Australia vs United States.

The US has a bucket load of deaths on the way. Potentially in the millions. But also they are on the fast track to herd immunity.

Through absolute mis management and the head fuckery that is their medical system they “may” actually be in a great position (if you ignore the bulk deaths) they may actually be able to start rebuilding before next winter. Assuming of course the virus doesn’t mutate further and come back for round 2

We as a nation are in the best position to avoid mass casualties but we have the other issue of needing to either make the choice to “lose” control to go for herd immunity or wait for a vaccine.

Who knows.

Note I’m just a regular schmuck who is interested in this. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
this is what the thread is for mate, your allowed your opinion just like everyone else, as long as we keep it from escalating we should be fine.
i believe many are interested in the same thing you are, hence why i started round 3

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:15 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:07 pm
This one is so obvious when I have seen people wearing long term non disposable gloves at the shops - don't they realize it's just harbouring more germs unless they are properly washing them after every use? Head scratching logic.

I've used disposable gloves at the stupidmarket which have been disposed of on the walk out - then in my car I have a nozzled water bottle with a mix of water/soap and hand towel, which I wash my hands and dry my hands with before getting into the car properly.
would having a bottle of hand sanitizer work the same as your DIY option?
i have a hand sanitizer bottle in the car to use after fishing, so for now ive been using that.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:37 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:59 am
cobby wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:44 am
I started my Centrelink application when i was first laid off work, way back on 12th of March. That was a Thursday and i was in their office on the following Monday i think. Almost a month later and my application has still not been processed.
Yep i know what a shitfight they can be, even worse with a huge backlog. Hope they come through soon for you. Realistically though, I'm safe for another 3 and a bit months yet, bored shitless but still got money coming in. Just waiting on the Gestapo to allow fishing again then I'm back to work

Return to “General”