Corona Virus Part 3

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Corona Virus Part 3

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:44 pm

cobby wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:37 pm
SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:59 am
cobby wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:44 am
Best I get in early and start a centrelink application then...
I started my Centrelink application when i was first laid off work, way back on 12th of March. That was a Thursday and i was in their office on the following Monday i think. Almost a month later and my application has still not been processed.
Yep i know what a shitfight they can be, even worse with a huge backlog. Hope they come through soon for you. Realistically though, I'm safe for another 3 and a bit months yet, bored shitless but still got money coming in. Just waiting on the Gestapo to allow fishing again then I'm back to work
someone i know has their family member working for centrelink on the phones.
they have been asked to work 12 hour shifts.
that's as much as i know..

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:59 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:15 pm
happyfriggincamper wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:07 pm
This one is so obvious when I have seen people wearing long term non disposable gloves at the shops - don't they realize it's just harbouring more germs unless they are properly washing them after every use? Head scratching logic.

I've used disposable gloves at the stupidmarket which have been disposed of on the walk out - then in my car I have a nozzled water bottle with a mix of water/soap and hand towel, which I wash my hands and dry my hands with before getting into the car properly.
would having a bottle of hand sanitizer work the same as your DIY option?
i have a hand sanitizer bottle in the car to use after fishing, so for now ive been using that.

For me it's more about the effectiveness of soap VS hand sanitizer. Croe04 had some posts about it and that link has info about why soap is effective in killing the virus on your hands.
Last edited by happyfriggincamper on Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:02 pm

cobby wrote:
ducky wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:36 am
Australian official modelling to be released today. But this is the modelling I’ve been watching pretty closely. The forecast isn’t doom and gloom. Unless of course you want normality back. Cos it ain’t happening between now and a vaccine being made.
See if your work can apply for the jobkeeper payment, you’d get more money that way than getting on the dole
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:18 pm

Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:59 pm
purple5ive wrote:
This one is so obvious when I have seen people wearing long term non disposable gloves at the shops - don't they realize it's just harbouring more germs unless they are properly washing them after every use? Head scratching logic.

I've used disposable gloves at the stupidmarket which have been disposed of on the walk out - then in my car I have a nozzled water bottle with a mix of water/soap and hand towel, which I wash my hands and dry my hands with before getting into the car properly.
i have a hand sanitizer bottle in the car to use after fishing, so for now ive been using that.

For me it's more about the effectiveness of soap VS hand sanitizer. Croe04 had some posts about it and that link has info about why soap is effective in killing the virus on your hands.
yep, i did see that post. i believe you need to be washing for a min. of 20 sec with proper lathering for the soap to have effect.

nowdays im washing with soap at work and home, sanitize when im in the car (from shops etc)
and have a shower when im home from work or been to the supermarket.

cheers

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:58 pm

4liters wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:02 pm
cobby wrote:
ducky wrote:
Australian official modelling to be released today. But this is the modelling I’ve been watching pretty closely. The forecast isn’t doom and gloom. Unless of course you want normality back. Cos it ain’t happening between now and a vaccine being made.
See if your work can apply for the jobkeeper payment, you’d get more money that way than getting on the dole
That's likely to go ahead, but without a single cent coming in outside of government handouts, and the only state in the whole country to outright ban fishing that's looking like extended well into next snapper season to even next year.... there's only so much bleeding a business can take

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:13 pm

cobby wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:58 pm
4liters wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:02 pm
cobby wrote:
ducky wrote:
That's likely to go ahead, but without a single cent coming in outside of government handouts, and the only state in the whole country to outright ban fishing that's looking like extended well into next snapper season to even next year.... there's only so much bleeding a business can take
what makes you say that mate?
heres me hoping we will be pulled in line with the other states very soon (in terms of fishing i mean)

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:16 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:59 am
cobby wrote:
I started my Centrelink application when i was first laid off work, way back on 12th of March. That was a Thursday and i was in their office on the following Monday i think. Almost a month later and my application has still not been processed.
Did you take that hospital job ??
You will know the guard at centrelink well, before you're finished

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:15 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:18 pm
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:59 pm
purple5ive wrote:

yep, i did see that post. i believe you need to be washing for a min. of 20 sec with proper lathering for the soap to have effect.
Yep easy done, it's literally pour a small amount of the water/liquid soap mix into your hands and within 5s of rubbing your hands together, a full soap lather forms and keep lathering and adding additional shots of the mix as needed.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:24 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

Could someone explain this $1500 a fortnight payment please? I have a neighbour that was working 1 day a week and couldn’t work due to the social distancing issues...then bam the government gives her triple her normal salary whilst other people are struggling to make ends meet. ***** me when the system gets rorted...& I’m presuming my taxes will go up to support people like this.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:46 pm

Return to “General”