Corona Virus Part 3

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: Corona Virus Part 3

Post by Boonanza » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:22 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:34 pm
Boonanza wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:30 pm
4liters wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:25 pm
They can get it frozen, also why doesn’t the landlord have 6 months of rent saved? Like any investment you need to be prepared for some risk
The tenants broke up the loser on the lease has zero income no mention of coronavirus!!! What is your point?
I think the point is, where is the compassion with whats going on at the moment
Most landlords aren't rich and living in a palace and they still have a mortgage what 4liters posted was 2 people renting and then breaking up and one not being able to pay again What is the point of posting this?
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:24 pm

East Gippsland was already behind the eight ball, before this curve ball was thrown into the mix. Its almost like the fires have been forgotten now. dread to think what is happening out that way.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:35 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:22 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
4liters wrote:
They can get it frozen, also why doesn’t the landlord have 6 months of rent saved? Like any investment you need to be prepared for some risk
The tenants broke up the loser on the lease has zero income no mention of coronavirus!!! What is your point?
Most landlords aren't rich and living in a palace and they still have a mortgage what 4liters posted was 2 people renting and then breaking up and one not being able to pay again What is the point of posting this?
Poor people, living in a house, while owning other houses.. I really feel sorry for them.

I'm pretty sure the point he was making is that they can freeze their loans and then provide relief to the tenants. If he is a "loser" like you say because he hasn't got savings and can't pay the landlord, Does that mean the landlord is also a loser because they haven't got enough savings to cover the rent he isn't able to pay?

Boonanza, There is no need for the attitude.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:37 pm

laneends wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:24 pm
East Gippsland was already behind the eight ball, before this curve ball was thrown into the mix. Its almost like the fires have been forgotten now. dread to think what is happening out that way.
I saw on the news Scomo saying they are still dealing with the people that got hit by the fires and it's still something they are working on while this covid thing is happening. They aren't forgotten.

Boonanza

Post by Boonanza » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:50 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:35 pm
Boonanza wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:22 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
4liters wrote:
Poor people, living in a house, while owning other houses.. I really feel sorry for them.

I'm pretty sure the point he was making is that they can freeze their loans and then provide relief to the tenants. If he is a "loser" like you say because he hasn't got savings and can't pay the landlord, Does that mean the landlord is also a loser because they haven't got enough savings to cover the rent he isn't able to pay?

Boonanza, There is no need for the attitude.
So you think that if someone has an investment property they own their own home? Just because someone has a investment property it dosen't mean they have a mountain of cash in the bank more like a mountain of Debt and Effwits think they should have savings stored away for loser tenants that can't pay their rent.
Also the example given the "Tenant" was paying $470 a week rent there are plenty of other places cheaper to rent if you can't afford something don't buy it.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:51 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
4liters wrote:
Pretty much this. Most of my clients have had 30% of their retirement savings wiped out with the share market crashing and a few companies withholding dividends, they've taken it in their stride because sometimes **** happens and watching your investments grow while you're sitting on your arse is not without risk. If they're not going under already, small business owners are going taking massive pay cuts to keep their businesses afloat. Workers are getting stood down left right and center, or working reduced hours, or getting less pay. It sucks but most people I've spoken to are philosophical about it and understand it's an exceptional situation.

Meanwhile the landlords lobby is carrying on like it's the end of the world if a tenant can't pay their rent because everyone is losing their jobs thanks to the coronavirus, even though there is assistance for landlords who have a loan.

The other thing that ***** me is tenants being told to dip into their super, that they're irresponsible with their money if they don't have a huge pile of savings to fall back on, to get a second job and so on. All things that are apparently beneath the dignity of landlords.

Personally I'm fairly safe, I can work from home and superannuation is here for the long haul, but it still pissed me off when I got a letter from the leasing agent saying that even though there is a moratorium on evictions, it just means that eviction proceedings will be delayed for six months; i.e. you have six months to find a new place instead of 6 weeks.

Just what people anxious about their jobs want to hear.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:00 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:53 pm
It's horseshit inconsistencies that are doing my head in.

Just this morning, Lisa Neville health minister, announces that surfing is OK if you're local and maintain social distancing.

How the f--k is this OK but going for a solo hunt or fish in your home range not?

How is that protecting nanna and pops in your seaside village.....but going fishing is going to kill them?

I totally agree with you. The inconsistencies are laughable.

I saw some footage of joggers running in both directions on a beach pathway. Definitely not 1.5 m apart when they pass each other. AND all the joggers behind each other were just running into the breath and any vaporised bugs/viruses the jogger in-front was expelling. And the reporter stated this was exercise and allowed. But no footage of joggers running around the block in their own neighbourhood , , , , and , , , , some would have driven some distance to get there.

A person sitting alone on a park bench in a park near their home, is not allowed because it is seen as "not essential". BUT a person doing push-ups on the lawn near that park bench, is allowed, even though that exerciser might have driven 1/2 hour away from their home to get there AND stopped off to get that all popular Watermelon Smoothie.

Fishermen get a bad wrap. Any decent Fisherman who respects the sport/craft is sensible enough to abide by distancing and other protocols to minimise the risks. BUT unfortunately a sizeable portion aren't like that. Those "bad" Fishermen are the ones that crowd you when you catch a squid on a Pier, the ones that anchor meters away from you in a great big ocean, they are the "Heroes" at the Boat Ramp that we all shake our heads at, they are the ones that don't care and increase the risks to everyone else , , , , and unfortunately ALL Fishermen pay the penalty.

So yes, unfortunately "real" Fisherman do get a bad wrap , , , , it's those dropkick fishermen that society are trying to avoid, not the decent Fisherman but unfortunately the decent ones pay the penalty that the bad ones have caused. So ALL are banned, which is not fair but arguably necessary to protect the innocent.

It's the same in every field of life.

Regards, Bill

Boonanza

Post by Boonanza » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:10 pm

4liters wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:51 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
4liters wrote:
Pretty much this. Most of my clients have had 30% of their retirement savings wiped out with the share market crashing and a few companies withholding dividends, they've taken it in their stride because sometimes **** happens and watching your investments grow while you're sitting on your arse is not without risk. If they're not going under already, small business owners are going taking massive pay cuts to keep their businesses afloat. Workers are getting stood down left right and center, or working reduced hours, or getting less pay. It sucks but most people I've spoken to are philosophical about it and understand it's an exceptional situation.

Meanwhile the landlords lobby is carrying on like it's the end of the world if a tenant can't pay their rent because everyone is losing their jobs thanks to the coronavirus, even though there is assistance for landlords who have a loan.

The other thing that ***** me is tenants being told to dip into their super, that they're irresponsible with their money if they don't have a huge pile of savings to fall back on, to get a second job and so on. All things that are apparently beneath the dignity of landlords.

Personally I'm fairly safe, I can work from home and superannuation is here for the long haul, but it still pissed me off when I got a letter from the leasing agent saying that even though there is a moratorium on evictions, it just means that eviction proceedings will be delayed for six months; i.e. you have six months to find a new place instead of 6 weeks.

So if tenants only pay 50% of the lease surely they can only use 50% of the property and the landlord can get another tenant in to make up the difference that seems fair!!!

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:16 pm

4liters wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
4liters wrote:

Everyone single one of us here has taken a hit or two - some smaller than others but a hit nevertheless. However, i am sure there are still goodwill and compassion in our society but if you have taken a big hit then of course your level of compassion and goodwill will diminish as well - regardless if you are a landlord or not.

It is true that all banks have offered to freeze loan repayments for up to 6 months if you request them to do so - but when the 6 months is up then what ???? The landlord will have to come up with the total amount for all the deferred repayments - where do you think the landlord will get this large amount of funds from when he/she probably would have been stood down or lost his/her job along the way. Please don't presume all landlords are fat cats with plenty of funds available at his/her beckon call.

It is sensible for the State government to announce the moratorium on residential tenancy evictions during this crisis - at least the most vulnerable people will still have a roof over their head until better days come. Everyone will be either eligible to get the Jobseeker payment or be part of the JobKeeper program - even if it is not much. If a landlord is wise then he/she should renegotiate the lease payment base on the tenant's current income structure so both parties can have a win-win situation. The tenant will be able to afford to live under a roof and the landlord will receive some income to offset the loan interests and repayment. If the landlord plays hardball and start evicting the tenants (even after the moratorium period), not only he/she will loose all the income during this crisis but also will be facing a mammoth task in finding a replacement tenant down the track IMHO.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:17 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:10 pm
4liters wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
4liters wrote:

So if tenants only pay 50% of the lease surely they can only use 50% of the property and the landlord can get another tenant in to make up the difference that seems fair!!!
Or, you know, they could say it's a shitty time for everyone, reduce it by 50% (or whatever) for the next six months and reassess after that without threatening people with homelessness.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “General”