Corona Virus Part 3

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Sinsemilla

Re: Corona Virus Part 3

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:50 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:12 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:35 pm
Boonanza wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:50 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:35 pm
Boonanza wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:22 pm

Most landlords aren't rich and living in a palace and they still have a mortgage what 4liters posted was 2 people renting and then breaking up and one not being able to pay again What is the point of posting this?
Poor people, living in a house, while owning other houses.. I really feel sorry for them.

I'm pretty sure the point he was making is that they can freeze their loans and then provide relief to the tenants. If he is a "loser" like you say because he hasn't got savings and can't pay the landlord, Does that mean the landlord is also a loser because they haven't got enough savings to cover the rent he isn't able to pay?

Boonanza, There is no need for the attitude.
So you think that if someone has an investment property they own their own home? Just because someone has a investment property it dosen't mean they have a mountain of cash in the bank more like a mountain of Debt and Effwits think they should have savings stored away for loser tenants that can't pay their rent.
Also the example given the "Tenant" was paying $470 a week rent there are plenty of other places cheaper to rent if you can't afford something don't buy it.
I never said they are rich or have savings or own their own home. They are obviously in a better position than the tenant. They could sell their other house's and still have a roof over their head. A "loser" tenant that's lost their job can't go and rent another place because they have no money and doesn't have any other option. This is why landlords should be compassionate.

Honestly that thinking is not the way a nice decent person thinks, especially during a time like this.

Should all the people that live near the bush and copped it by the fires go f themselves because they chose to live near the bush? No. It wasn't their choise nor was it their fault. I donated and bought heaps of food and supplies and took them to the food bank. If everyone thought like you, we'd be living in a really **** world.

I don't understand your last statement. He can't afford to buy that's why he is renting? I'm not understanding why you're getting so fired up.
I'm not fired up at all just being straight to the point and not getting personal like you....
If you could read you would see that I was talking about the particular situation posted by 4litres and at NO point was the covid-19 mentioned.
Now the Tenant shacked up with girlfriend and her son signed the lease in Dec 2019 and had a gross income of $2100 per week after tax approx $1500 per week. 3 months later she pisses of with her son and leaves him by himself very sad:(
Now he says he has No money in the bank and he lost his job and can only afford $150 per week rent but for the first 13 weeks of the year he was clearing $1500 per week minus $475 per week rent leaves $1000 per week yet has no money at all when he loses his job "painter" which is in high demand and there is plenty of work he elects to apply for the dole and also still wants to live in an expensive property at a 70% discount.
So what happened to the $13,000 that this bloke earned after paying the rent and after tax in 3 months? Maybe he has a car loan for a merc trying to get a bit of action and the new girlfriend realised he had nothing and effed off or maybe he likes fine dining a few nights a week and has a massive credit card debt. There are plenty of scammers out there and this bloke is trying to play all the cards at someone else's expense nothing to do with covid-19. Your nice little comment " I donated and bought heaps of food and supplies and took them to the food bank. If everyone thought like you, we'd be living in a really **** world." Has been noted we donate to the CWA every year at christmas because we know 100% goes back where ever it is needed not just when there is a bushfire but for anyone that needs help in the country.
Obviously it's got to do with covid.. It's in the corona virus thread.

It's nice to know your opinion on the topic though.

Not here to argue. We can talk about all the what if's in the world but the fact of the matter is people need to be compassionate during these times. Tough for everyone and people in better positions should be showing people in worse off positions some compassion.

And my comment about donating was more to show that decent people show compassion to others if they are in a **** spot not by their own choices.

Cheers, Anth

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:39 pm

ok, fellas
we can argue till the cows come home.
we dont know what the tenant was like, possible drug habit, possibly paying a debt off who knows, only he knows where that money went.
also saying that, people who get into investment property is there to make money, not to do charity work.
again in saying that though, in trying times such as these maybe a bit of leniency wouldn't go astray.
not everyone is an ar$ehole, and not everyone is a saint either!

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:30 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:57 pm
Nude up wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:48 pm
Disaster has struck this is the last of my fish squid and flake, from here on in I will have to cook my pilchards.
Please provide a recipe with the cones pillies
I thought I had enough of the taste of Pilchards snacking on BBQ Shapes, after baiting up and waiting for the Snapper Rods to go zzzzZZZZ

But oddly enough, they aren't too bad (obviously food grade ones)

Dad used to Char Grill them on the Charcoals (similar to the photo) with salt and oregano, then a lemon, olive oil drizzle.

pilchards.JPG

Cheers, BBQgatti

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:56 am

Pillies are good eating if you can get some that have been caught and kept in good quality.
deep fried white bait is awesome too.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:00 am

I have a heap of fish vacuum packed in the freezer for delivery to the Kids in Melbourne. I told them if this goes on much longer we will be eating them.
flathead tails and gummy too so it is getting tempting as we are down to are last feed of flathead. even if we get back fishing by May/june the best of the fishing will be over. It will be smoked salmon and pinkies most likely.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:34 am

re-tyred wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:56 am
Pillies are good eating if you can get some that have been caught and kept in good quality.
Aaaah, Mike, you have brought back some nice memories.

Yes, deep-fried whitebait are awesome. I haven't had them for over 15 years. The medium size ones are the perfect size.

Cheers, Buga

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:08 am

Bugatti wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:34 am
re-tyred wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:56 am
Aaaah, Mike, you have brought back some nice memories.

Yes, deep-fried whitebait are awesome. I haven't had them for over 15 years. The medium size ones are the perfect size.

Cheers, Buga
Maybe not close enough for you bugs but Dandenong market often has food grade whitebait for sale.

My recipe is: Put half a cup of flour in a plastic bag, add salt and a little white pepper, pop in a handful of whitebait. Inflate the bag like a balloon and twist it to seal. Shake it like a Polaroid picture for 15 seconds. Remove the coated whitbait and shake off excess flour. Let the floured fish sit for 5 mins to allow the flour coating to absorb some of the moisture, this makes a better coating when fried and doesn’t mess up the oil with burnt flour. Deep fry those little beauties till just golden and crispy. Drain on a rack or paper towel. eat with lemon juice and aioli (egg mayonnaise same same). I think traditionally the fry oil is olive oil but I just use cheap vegetable oil as that’s what I usually use for deep frying, if you do try olive oil, don’t let it get too hot as it has a low smoke point.

Getitindia

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:33 am

Stage 3 extended until at least May 11th
Attachments
93020058_2562470140683298_1434531622463471616_n.png
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:50 am

Looks like no fishing still for awhile then...

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:55 am

Lightningx wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:50 am
Looks like no fishing still for awhile then...
Ffs so lots of boring days ahead for me ....
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “General”