Last Easter

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
samjas1316
Has liked: 47 times

Last Easter

Post by samjas1316 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:10 am

Given the lockdown and no Easter fishing reports this year how about we post Easter reports from last year.

The family spent last Easter at the Big4 Inverloch. Did the usual things. Collected some pippies and yabbies and fished for EPs, salmon and flatties with bait and lures in the inlet and nearby creeks and rivers. Got some pies from the local pie shop. They do these weird flavors. I always get a new one everytime. The last one I think I had was garlic prawns!

Fishing was ok. But the year before I saw a couple of locals catch an elephant fish in the river so I thought I'd target them this time around. I didn't get an elephant but at the top of the tide this bad boy popped up.
20200410_091431.jpg
Hopefully we can all get back to fishing our own favorite spots asap.

Happy Easter All

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Last Easter

Post by ducky » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:15 am

Is that a gummy from the tarwin? Wtf? That’s cool as

samjas1316

Post by samjas1316 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:50 am

Yep. I thought it was an elephant (although it was fighting harder) until it came up.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:02 am

Makes sense they are in there but the thought never crossed my mind. Pretty cool catch. God id love a block down there.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:18 am

What a great idea samjas, should get our past Easter Fishing stories out :tu:
I'm thinking up a few "exaggerations" as we speak :-D

samjas1316 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:10 am
Given the lockdown and no Easter fishing reports this year how about we post Easter reports from last year.

Got some pies from the local pie shop. They do these weird flavors. I always get a new one everytime. The last one I think I had was garlic prawns!

I didn't get an elephant but at the top of the tide this bad boy popped up.

Happy Easter All
Nice gummy, and they are yummy, in the tummy :-D

But I absolutely love Country Bakeries. I'm exactly like you (I'm just the uglier version). I get different pies AND quite often I let the attendant pick.

They always say "What if you don't like it?" to which I answer "Then I won't get it again next time". But it's a good way of trying new pies that you might not pick yourself AND they would know their Pies and would pick one that they'd recommend , , , , or a slow seller :(

Either way, it's a taste buds adventure

Samjas, hope you and yours have a great Easter :gj:

Cheers, Bugs

samjas1316

Post by samjas1316 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:13 pm

ducky wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:02 am
Makes sense they are in there but the thought never crossed my mind. Pretty cool catch. God id love a block down there.
Me too. Love the place. If I could pick anywhere in Vic to have a holiday house it would be Invetloch.
Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:18 am

But I absolutely love Country Bakeries. I'm exactly like you (I'm just the uglier version). I get different pies AND quite often I let the attendant pick.

They always say "What if you don't like it?" to which I answer "Then I won't get it again next time". But it's a good way of trying new pies that you might not pick yourself AND they would know their Pies and would pick one that they'd recommend , , , , or a slow seller :(

Cheers, Bugs
The second thing I look for in country towns (after tackle shops) are bakeries. Can't wait till we can go about our normal business again.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:50 pm

samjas1316 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:13 pm
ducky wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:02 am
Me too. Love the place. If I could pick anywhere in Vic to have a holiday house it would be Invetloch.
Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:18 am

Cheers, Bugs
The second thing I look for in country towns (after tackle shops) are bakeries. Can't wait till we can go about our normal business again.
Great report I miss that place like Ducky I could easily live there.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:31 am

That’s a nice gummy mate!
Happy Easter to you and your family as well 😊

Dr Snapper
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Dr Snapper » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:49 pm

samjas1316 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:10 am
. Got some pies from the local pie shop. They do these weird flavors. I always get a new one everytime. The last one I think I had was garlic prawns!
I couldn’t believe it when I went to the Invy baker and saw they had a chicken parmy pie. It was ok, and I will return to try out some different types when this is all over.

Nice catch!

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:23 pm

I know the bakery well, grouse pies! Just a great part of the world and I can’t wait to get back.

Return to “General”