Covid-19 discussion

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Sinsemilla

Re: Covid-19 discussion

Post by Sinsemilla » Sun May 10, 2020 6:28 pm

I knew this was going to start happening. They need to ease restrictions so people can start getting back to it, Of course social distancing and hygiene still needs to be priority but people need to start getting back to normal life.

I've seen more people at bunnings and at the shopping center than at that protest. People need to wake up and realize this lockdown is doing more damage than it is doing good.

They don't publish the suicide deaths or all the small businesses that have closed down, families that are going through a really hard time or how many people are close to losing their homes.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun May 10, 2020 6:42 pm

4liters wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 5:08 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:45 pm
So how come none of those people were arrested for breaking the social distancing rules?
There were some arrests, presumably for social distancing.
I don't understand this.
If they are happy to fine people out at the beach or wherever else, then they should have fined all of those people for being there firstly for nonessential travel and swxindly for social distancing reasons.

This will end badly, we have been doing well so far, if the restrictions aren't eased a fair bit expect more of this sort of behaviour and also more infections in the process.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sun May 10, 2020 6:45 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 6:19 pm
ango wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 4:41 pm
It's started, I went shopping today and it seems nobody is bothering too much with social distancing Etc. any more. Protests were held on the parliament steps in Melbourne, people have had enough of the extreme lockdown. Dan would be wise to loosen things up if he wants to remain premier after the next election. I just hope the financial havoc the lockdowns have created does not mean that people who have lost their income end up losing their homes too.
Cheers
Ango
Looks like the 2nd wave won’t be to far off then eh?
Let's hope nobody from that meat joint was involved in the protest

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun May 10, 2020 6:46 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 6:42 pm
4liters wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
So how come none of those people were arrested for breaking the social distancing rules?
I don't understand this.
If they are happy to fine people out at the beach or wherever else, then they should have fined all of those people for being there firstly for nonessential travel and swxindly for social distancing reasons.

This will end badly, we have been doing well so far, if the restrictions aren't eased a fair bit expect more of this sort of behaviour and also more infections in the process.
Even the fishing restrictions r lifted purple, you should stay on safe side n stay home , no fish is worth your life... purples
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun May 10, 2020 7:10 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 6:45 pm
Mattblack wrote:
ango wrote:
It's started, I went shopping today and it seems nobody is bothering too much with social distancing Etc. any more. Protests were held on the parliament steps in Melbourne, people have had enough of the extreme lockdown. Dan would be wise to loosen things up if he wants to remain premier after the next election. I just hope the financial havoc the lockdowns have created does not mean that people who have lost their income end up losing their homes too.
Cheers
Ango
Well if it wasn't for Jenny Mikakos' own department repeated failures to do a proper and thorough job over a month ago, then again a few weeks later over half of the case numbers of this month wouldn't exist. It's at best sheer laziness and at worst outright corruption

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sun May 10, 2020 7:11 pm

bowl wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 6:46 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 6:42 pm
4liters wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
I don't understand this.

Even the fishing restrictions r lifted purple, you should stay on safe side n stay home , no fish is worth your life... purples
I'll make that call when I'm comfortable to do so mate, why don't you concentrate on how quickly you can get out there and catch some fish rather than worry about what I'm going to do :tu:

cobby

Post by cobby » Sun May 10, 2020 7:11 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 6:28 pm

They don't publish the suicide deaths or all the small businesses that have closed down, families that are going through a really hard time or how many people are close to losing their homes.
I'd almost bet suicide rates in the coming 24 months will be substantially higher in Victoria than any other state....

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sun May 10, 2020 7:17 pm

cobby wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:10 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
ango wrote:
Cheers
Ango
Well if it wasn't for Jenny Mikakos' own department repeated failures to do a proper and thorough job over a month ago, then again a few weeks later over half of the case numbers of this month wouldn't exist. It's at best sheer laziness and at worst outright corruption
Corruption in what way mate?

cobby

Post by cobby » Sun May 10, 2020 7:42 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:17 pm
cobby wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
ango wrote:
Cheers
Ango
Corruption in what way mate?
Cedar donated $15k to the state labor party a few years back. It's more likely laziness and a lack of forethought from DHHS which wouldn't be a new thing from any government department

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun May 10, 2020 7:44 pm

cobby wrote:

Please don't use words you don't know the meaning of.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Return to “General”