Covid-19 discussion

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Re: Covid-19 discussion

Post by re-tyred » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:35 pm

Ok so what to do with this thread. As a mod I could delete the posts that have been reported. They don't contain any serious insults or racist comments. They do contain misinformation and unscientific rubbish, but other members have pointed that out.
Anyone that promotes the idea that this virus is no worse than the flu, a very serious virus, is in denial. Covid-19 has killed many more people than the official numbers. Fact. Everyone needs to take it seriously and do every possible thing they can to inhibit the spread.
I am leaving those ridiculous posts up for now as the are an example of what we face in trying to bring this under control. I will discuss this with the other mods.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:37 pm

FishnMiss wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:31 pm
Conspiracy about Vaccine/Autism I think not:

https://www.icandecide.org/ican_lawsuit ... se-autism/
So where's all the studies proving it does cause autism? The fake one by the guy who wanted to remove competition for his company's own vaccine?
lol
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:48 pm

Don't turn this into an anti vax discussion. The science that vaccine work and save lives is undeniable. . Move on or this thread is gone
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:50 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:35 pm
Ok so what to do with this thread. As a mod I could delete the posts that have been reported. They don't contain any serious insults or racist comments. They do contain misinformation and unscientific rubbish, but other members have pointed that out.
Anyone that promotes the idea that this virus is no worse than the flu, a very serious virus, is in denial. Covid-19 has killed many more people than the official numbers. Fact. Everyone needs to take it seriously and do every possible thing they can to inhibit the spread.
I am leaving those ridiculous posts up for now as the are an example of what we face in trying to bring this under control. I will discuss this with the other mods.
Well done retyred in this case as ridiculous as it sounds deleting comments that aren't defamatory or offensive would be stifling free speech. Many members have rebutted some of the "ridiculous" posts without being nasty.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Return to “General”