Covid-19 discussion

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Covid-19 discussion

Post by Fish-cador » Sun May 10, 2020 7:54 pm

4liters wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:16 am
People have been going through the CovidSafe app source code and have found some interesting things... who can spot it

And this.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200510-195035_Chrome.jpg
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sun May 10, 2020 7:57 pm

cobby wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:11 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 6:28 pm

They don't publish the suicide deaths or all the small businesses that have closed down, families that are going through a really hard time or how many people are close to losing their homes.
I'd almost bet suicide rates in the coming 24 months will be substantially higher in Victoria than any other state....
I can bet the jump in suicide rates just over these few months and the next 6 months will double that of the deaths of covid.. How cares about that though

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sun May 10, 2020 7:58 pm

DougieK wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:44 pm
cobby wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Well if it wasn't for Jenny Mikakos' own department repeated failures to do a proper and thorough job over a month ago, then again a few weeks later over half of the case numbers of this month wouldn't exist. It's at best sheer laziness and at worst outright corruption

Please don't use words you don't know the meaning of.
Is it a coincidence that the meat factory that pays comrade Dan had an outbreak and was kept under wraps?

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun May 10, 2020 8:04 pm

DougieK wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:44 pm
cobby wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Well if it wasn't for Jenny Mikakos' own department repeated failures to do a proper and thorough job over a month ago, then again a few weeks later over half of the case numbers of this month wouldn't exist. It's at best sheer laziness and at worst outright corruption

Please don't use words you don't know the meaning of.
And what would you use to describe a lack of transparency and proper cross checking over a cluster of cases that has spanned over a month from 1 business that convienently donated money to the very party in government oh wise one?

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun May 10, 2020 8:06 pm

cobby wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:04 pm

And what would you use to describe a lack of transparency and proper cross checking over a cluster of cases that has spanned over a month from 1 business that convienently donated money to the very party in government oh wise one?
Can you provide evidence that the minister was aware of both the issue and the donation and that the donation had a direct impact on her decision making process with regards to the issue?

You made the claim not me. The burden of proof is on you.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun May 10, 2020 8:11 pm

Did you not bother to read my follow up comment to Steve?
Cedar donated $15k to the state labor party a few years back. It's more likely laziness and a lack of forethought from DHHS which wouldn't be a new thing from any government department

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Post by Sebb » Sun May 10, 2020 8:12 pm

Was in the news earlier that there was a lot of people in the shopping centres, ignoring stay home thing. Being many shops are open, its kinda indirect invitation. And guess a lot of people have had enough already.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sun May 10, 2020 8:14 pm

cobby wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:11 pm
Cedar donated $15k to the state labor party a few years back. It's more likely laziness and a lack of forethought from DHHS which wouldn't be a new thing from any government department
So not corruption then.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sun May 10, 2020 8:22 pm

DougieK wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:14 pm
cobby wrote:
So not corruption then.
We won't know for sure either way.. but they were pretty quick to name the school and teacher that got covid and smeared all over the news.. Makes you think why it took so long for this to come out.. and they just so happened to be donating money.. Hmmmm

DougieK

Post by DougieK » Sun May 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:22 pm
DougieK wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:14 pm
cobby wrote:
So not corruption then.
We won't know for sure either way.. but they were pretty quick to name the school and teacher that got covid and smeared all over the news.. Makes you think why it took so long for this to come out.. and they just so happened to be donating money.. Hmmmm
It's a government school, not a government meatworks. If the exchange of money took place during the outbreak I would believe differently, but what exactly would the Victorian Government have to gain in this situation?

I just looked it up. The money was donated in 2014 and Jenny was appointed to health minister in 2018. I believe this is clutching at straws and would absolutely love to see Angus Taylor held to the same scrutiny.
Last edited by DougieK on Sun May 10, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Return to “General”