Soft plastic storage

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Soft plastic storage

Post by mazman » Sat May 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Hey guys,

With the restrictions that were in place and an uber messy area where I store my fishing gear I've been going through and organising my gear.It's been a fairly slow process as I'm trying to set up a system that I will be able to maintain and I have had absolutely zero motivation throughout the lockdown but I've slowly been making progress. This is what I've come up with for storing soft plastics at home, personally I don't like the soft plastic binders as they restrict you to taking exactly whats in them rather than allowing you to pick out exactly what you want for each trip. I have a spot in my kayak and landbased bag where I store plastics in packets so storing them in packets makes it much easier.

To make it all you need is one of these crates that are $18 at bunnings, something as a divider, something to lift the bottom because the corners are bevelled and some card for separating different plastics
97926089_3241791302713531_1364177030203047936_n.jpg
I used a sheet of polystyrene cut to shape and dropped in the bottom with corflute over it to lift the bottom up to give me the full length and then duct taped a piece of corflute down the middle to separate the two sides. For the dividers its just some reasonably stiff card cut to shape with whats in front of it written on the top.

This is it with my zmans loaded into one side and sorted, the other side is going to be an assortment of other brands sorted in a similar manner just need to dig them all out and sort them first
98203776_546628379621551_3920093187376414720_n.jpg
Not really appropriate if you only have a few packs but should be super useful if you have a bit of a range of plastics like me

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “General”