What would you do if you won LOTTO

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
potatoeater
Has liked: 9 times

Re: What would you do if you won LOTTO

Post by potatoeater » Fri May 29, 2020 8:56 pm

800k is the equivalent of buying out and running 10 small coffee joints in Melbourne for a year. Almost every one of the good artisan coffee shops in the CBD are still closed. Several owners that I've talked to have alluded the reality they only have enough savings to run 1-2 months of operations once they reopen and if revenue is below a threashhold of Pre-covid levels (Below 60-75%), then they won't be able to continue.

A lot of restaurants and food places are either hibernating or on life support. At some point, they'll have to reopen and that's when the real crunch will happen. The better food places with better economic fundamentals and deeper pockets are the ones that will survive and thrive in the new market. I told my GF already- even though the housing market is going to tank and would make a great time to buy, my bet will be on coffee shops and other small businesses.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:00 pm

potatoeater wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:56 pm
800k is the equivalent of buying out and running 10 small coffee joints in Melbourne for a year. Almost every one of the good artisan coffee shops in the CBD are still closed. Several owners that I've talked to have alluded the reality they only have enough savings to run 1-2 months of operations once they reopen and if revenue is below a threashhold of Pre-covid levels (Below 60-75%), then they won't be able to continue.

A lot of restaurants and food places are either hibernating or on life support. At some point, they'll have to reopen and that's when the real crunch will happen. The better food places with better economic fundamentals and deeper pockets are the ones that will survive and thrive in the new market. I told my GF already- even though the housing market is going to tank and would make a great time to buy, my bet will be on coffee shops and other small businesses.
You betting on buying a small business rather than a home? Not sure what you do for a job but the hrs involved in running a small business may equate to below the minimum wage.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Fri May 29, 2020 9:02 pm

$800.000 @ Saph's age is not enough to retire
Now powerball's $17 million is retirement money
Gra
$1 million a year for 17 years, I'd be 83 & due for a nursing home or the big bbq
Last edited by Texas on Fri May 29, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

potatoeater
Has liked: 9 times

Post by potatoeater » Fri May 29, 2020 9:14 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:00 pm
You betting on buying a small business rather than a home? Not sure what you do for a job but the hrs involved in running a small business may equate to below the minimum wage.
Oh I have absolutely no interest in running any. My family used to run a takeout food shop so I know it's a lot of work and requires experience. I have friends I grew up with who have experience in running these things (esp coffeee shops) but are currently out of work. I see this as a win-win. Every coffee shop that would've otherwise died off but survives equates to 2-3 jobs. People I care about get their livelihoods back. And if a combination of a gradual return to normal or a new normal where a lot of existing coffee shops close- should hopefully help things out.

It's more like buying a stake in businesses with partners than buying it outright. It's more risky, but I feel in this environment we need to focus on win-win scenarios. Just like a donut fishing session, if it doesn't work out, I'll try again until it does. And also like with fishing, when it does eventually work out, I'll be sure to post all about it!

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Fri May 29, 2020 9:23 pm

Texas wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:02 pm
And that is why i would invest atleast 400 thousand in mutiple places, 800k would not have me living a care free rest of my life, i know that. now 17 million? hellow basicly the same lifestyle and same life choices but bigger numbers.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Fri May 29, 2020 10:39 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:20 pm
Thai wife, Sth American Wife, Russian Wife....
so RB .. After the Thai wife, you're left with $400K

Then the South American wife left you for a young stud, you're worst off by $200

Hope you will hand on to your Russian wife coz if if she leave then you will be left with just $100K

and after all the legal eagle costs, your net worth probably is about where you were before you won the $800K :rf:

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Fri May 29, 2020 10:45 pm

Texas wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:02 pm
Now powerball's $17 million is retirement money
Gra
$1 million a year for 17 years, I'd be 83 & due for a nursing home or the big bbq
Unfortunately some lucky bugger have took off with our $17m dream last night - triple checked the numbers again and still bugger all.

Texas .. you are at the right age for the man upstairs to give you a shot at instant richness but unfortunately you are in the wrong state - relocate to Queensland and don't forget us all when your turn is up :)

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Sat May 30, 2020 2:48 am

Go straight to crown and try double it, then think about what i'd do with $1.6 mill. Maybe try double that again :)

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat May 30, 2020 7:17 am

VooDoo wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:39 pm
rb85 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:20 pm
Thai wife, Sth American Wife, Russian Wife....
so RB .. After the Thai wife, you're left with $400K

Then the South American wife left you for a young stud, you're worst off by $200

Hope you will hand on to your Russian wife coz if if she leave then you will be left with just $100K

and after all the legal eagle costs, your net worth probably is about where you were before you won the $800K :rf:
Going from experience?
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Sat May 30, 2020 7:54 am

Buy a Stella

Return to “General”