Idea for new fishing show

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Idea for new fishing show

Post by Andrews » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 pm

You've got to hit that balance between definition and render times.

I agree with looking for the important things when editing footage. The ones I find most valuable is colour correction when filming in protune flat, stabilization crisps up footage and adjusting the white/black balance + sharpness. I think audio is as important, if not more than the video and being able adjust the raw audio or music is pretty great.

LUTs are okay, I never really use them because I prefer the natural adjusted look than the temperature black/white, orange or blue.

My understand is that Adobe Premiere Pro is the expensive high end, Davinci Resolve is as good and free and Shotcut is also highly rated. Plenty of guides for all three.

You've got to go big and bold to make a dint in this digital world, his marketing clearly works.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:52 pm

Andrews wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 pm
You've got to hit that balance between definition and render times.

I agree with looking for the important things when editing footage. The ones I find most valuable is colour correction when filming in protune flat, stabilization crisps up footage and adjusting the white/black balance + sharpness. I think audio is as important, if not more than the video and being able adjust the raw audio or music is pretty great.

LUTs are okay, I never really use them because I prefer the natural adjusted look than the temperature black/white, orange or blue.

My understand is that Adobe Premiere Pro is the expensive high end, Davinci Resolve is as good and free and Shotcut is also highly rated. Plenty of guides for all three.
yep, im familiar with editing Still photos, so i will use those skills to make do.
yes, Protune is good for what it is, and if you know how to take advantage of it, then thats even better. hence the need for new Gopros, as my Older ones only have it on one model, other is basic.
Audio i will explore at a later stage, for now its more background music as im not talking or giving advice to others, it wont be that sort of a video.
have heard of shotcut, will investigate that as well.
cheers

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:14 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:10 pm
What editor are you using mate.
I'm just looking to move from my basic gopro studio to something a bit more nicer.
I have been using Hitfilm Express for a while, it is pretty good but some stuff is locked behind a paywall. I have also used DaVinci Resolve and it is great but it struggles on my PC.. i even lost a whole video i had finished when the thing locked up when i went to render it and for some reason i could not recover it.

You might like to check out Shotcut. It seems to run very well on my PC and it has a lot of features that i only lightly touched on in my time with it.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:11 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:14 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:10 pm
What editor are you using mate.
I'm just looking to move from my basic gopro studio to something a bit more nicer.
I have been using Hitfilm Express for a while, it is pretty good but some stuff is locked behind a paywall. I have also used DaVinci Resolve and it is great but it struggles on my PC.. i even lost a whole video i had finished when the thing locked up when i went to render it and for some reason i could not recover it.

You might like to check out Shotcut. It seems to run very well on my PC and it has a lot of features that i only lightly touched on in my time with it.
Thanks mate.
Heard of hitfilm and shotcut I will investigate them soon

Return to “General”