Briggsy talks about Location.

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Briggsy talks about Location.

Post by DougieK » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:18 pm

MTF's Briggsy talks about fishing locations. I really enjoyed this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcr__i59Ov8
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

westvic
Has liked: 155 times

Re: Briggsy talks about Location.

Post by westvic » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:11 pm

Very good stuff. This isn't about fishing (the way I do it) though...this is hunting. Same principals can adapted for other all for forms.

thanks for sharing

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:53 pm

This guy is spot on from learning your home zone to "Put in the hours and learn for yourself".
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:06 am

rb85 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:53 pm
This guy is spot on from learning your home zone to "Put in the hours and learn for yourself".
I loved what he said about techniques. Guys in NSW seem to fish for kings two ways, either with livebait, or with lures. The number of times i've had people ask if i know what i'm doing with a little squid strip, some politely enquiring, and some being outright rude about it, only to end up with 4-5 fish to the other guys zero, is mind boggling. A lot of people get tunnel vision about what they're doing.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:13 am

DougieK wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:06 am
rb85 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:53 pm
I loved what he said about techniques. Guys in NSW seem to fish for kings two ways, either with livebait, or with lures. The number of times i've had people ask if i know what i'm doing with a little squid strip, some politely enquiring, and some being outright rude about it, only to end up with 4-5 fish to the other guys zero, is mind boggling. A lot of people get tunnel vision about what they're doing.
Not exactly the same but the other day was fishing a pier with the young fella chasing gars. Was fishing maggots. Entire pier was fishing either white bait, prawn or silvers. All fishing 30cm or so under a float. I had to slot into a **** bit of the pier to get my own spot. Started at 30cm. By the time I was getting fish I was 1.5-2m below the float. They were still timid but I was consistently catching. At one stage was outfishing the entire pier of 20+ people. Guys were just tunnel visioned on how they normally catch gars and weren’t adjusting to the conditions.

Return to “General”