fishing zone restrictions

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: fishing zone restrictions

Post by Brett » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:18 am

Interestingly, someone who lives outside of the restriction zone and should be free to travel. Queried the police on fishing in Mulwala and was told that they couldn't as the distance for them to get there was greater than 50km.
So be careful where you go and how you go about it, not everyone out there has the same idea of distance or restrictions, be it inside the stage three zone or outside.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:54 am

Brett wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:18 am
Interestingly, someone who lives outside of the restriction zone and should be free to travel. Queried the police on fishing in Mulwala and was told that they couldn't as the distance for them to get there was greater than 50km.
So be careful where you go and how you go about it, not everyone out there has the same idea of distance or restrictions, be it inside the stage three zone or outside.
did they have to pass through the Lockdown area to get to the fishing location?
and i take it then 50km is what they are unofficially going off to start fining people.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:45 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:54 am
Brett wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:18 am
did they have to pass through the Lockdown area to get to the fishing location?
and i take it then 50km is what they are unofficially going off to start fining people.
No they didn't need to go through the lockdown zones.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:40 pm

Read the VFA & DHHS pages today
VFA site has not changed. It does not say about "staying close to home". It does seem to suggest, as long as you stay in the "red" area, you can fish anywhere.
DHHS site says, if you're outside the red zone, you can travel through the "red zone" & shouldn't stop. Says nothing about distance.
Both sites recommend to, STAY AT HOME
Gra

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Read the DHHS site properly. It states you must not travel long distances to carry out these activities.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:10 pm

Texas wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:40 pm
Read the VFA & DHHS pages today
VFA site has not changed. It does not say about "staying close to home". It does seem to suggest, as long as you stay in the "red" area, you can fish anywhere.
DHHS site says, if you're outside the red zone, you can travel through the "red zone" & shouldn't stop. Says nothing about distance.
Both sites recommend to, STAY AT HOME
Gra
Stay at home or in your council area, that's what they did here in Tassie & Sth Aust and it worked..

I know it's a pain in the bum but it has to be done..this virus is here to stay for quite some time,, I do feel for you all there in Victoria,

We have a son & his family plus our daughter & her family both of them live in Sunbury and it worries us on their well being.. As tough as it is on them they are doing the right thing..

so stay safe & take care,,,

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:08 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:02 pm
Read the DHHS site properly. It states you must not travel long distances to carry out these activities.
Sorry, I probably missed it (in my blind spot)
I thought it only reffered to the "red zone"
Gra

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:27 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:02 pm
heres the problem - what is the accurate distance of a long distance that we must not travel ( and not what you guess it is I would like to know the accurate measurement ) the guide lines also stay close to home again what is that measurement and compared to what

everyone will have different interpretations on vague rules - think about it how many guys don't think twice about doing a day trip to Portland if the tuna are on so don't think that is unreasonable of a long distance so say Cranbourne to Altona is quite a shore distance and using the same measurements Altona is close to home

thats not saying I would bother driving to Altona from Cranbourne but just pointing out how vague the rules/guidelines are
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:12 am

For those of you who dont live near the bay, a river or lake maybe saying good bye to fishing for a while.

Rules have changed for exercise or outdoor recreation.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronaviru ... 357060ef3b

"But now, all Melburnians and residents of Mitchell Shire are banned from travelling to exercise if there are ­facilities closer to home.

It means suburban Melburnians will no longer be able to drive to the Tan track to walk or jog, instead being forced to exercise in their nearest park.

And cyclists must ride their closest trails, rather than loading the bikes on the car to visit one of the city’s popular routes.

The government issued the following clarification: “Unreasonable travel would include travel within the restricted area to exercise or outdoor recreation where that type of exercise can be done closer to home.”

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:15 am

And I dont think the excuse of 'I dont have a fishing spot near my place' is going to work either when caught 50km's from home wetting a line.

Return to “General”