Read the info

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
denis barden

Read the info

Post by denis barden » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:41 am

You have just hit Willyweather and it tells you the wind speed looks good for a fish,Data looks ok but its still blowing heaps.
Guess what the info you have looked at is probably 20 klm away
There are only a few wind stations for the bay -Some Willy ones are klms inshore -The only ones that give you a Bay reading are South Channel Island and Fawkner Beacon.Willy weather selects the closests station to your area not the info from your area as there are only a hand full of stations around the bay
I use Willy Weather ,Bay Winds and Windy for forecasts. http://www.baywind.com.au
I find Bay Winds gives you a look at what might happen
Keep Safe

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Re: Read the info

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:38 am

I use those and also MetEye.

I will usually use Willyweather to check the week ahead. Then use MetEye to go into more detail on whatever day i have picked. But i also cross check with Windy. I mostly use BayWind for the water temp.

Edit: I also get weather warnings through WeatherZone on my phone and Club Marine via email.
Last edited by SteveoTheTiger on Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Post by ben475 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:19 pm

nice tip denis

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:52 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:38 am
I use those and also MetEye.

I will usually use Willyweather to check the week ahead. Then use MetEye to go into more detail on whatever day i have picked. But i also cross check with Windy. I mostly use BayWind for the water temp.
If you click on your spot in meteye you can get the next weeks weather for that spot and at the bottom of each day you can click on "details" and get the every three hours wind , temp etc.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “General”