Owner circle hooks

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Owner circle hooks

Post by hornet » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:48 pm

I've had the best luck with these, you need to learn not to touch the rod till the whiting hooks itself ! ... hard thing to do when your used to hooking them while they nibble with standard hooks.

He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:05 pm

I have found black magic hooks, especially those KL’s to be one of the worst hooks on the market. They don’t produce a solid hook up, whiting drop off the hooks when they shouldn’t and most of all they start rusting as soon as they are put into the tackle box.

On the other hand the gama c10u’s are great.

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:03 pm

Use the long shanks on the NibbleTtip rods and the circles on a smaller graphite rod

Fishing1

Post by Fishing1 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:48 am

From personal experience circle hooks works better on bigger fish. From size 3/0 hooks and above. I haven't drop any fish yet on bigger circle hooks....touch wood touch wood

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:40 pm

denis barden wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:55 am
Went to Marios lookin for thin diameter circle hooks
Came up with No6 Owner Hooks-Packet sais Made in Japan
Gave them a go the other day caught 3 whiting with them but each whiting landed in the boat wriggled off the hook
Has anybody used thees hooks before?
I don't know why you want to change hooks,as you bag out most of the with your long shank hooks. I have been told that fish hook themselves with circle hooks and they are great for KGW. Im jet to try them out but i will,ill see what the guys at Mario's suggest Wednesday.

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:54 pm

I use the Circle Hooks on a keeper rod and the long shanks on the Nibble Tip Rods
I have a friend that uses 12 lb mono,small stout rod,baitcaster reel and circle hooks-I fished with him a few times at the Pilots Pier Queenscliff-He hooks the big whiting like a beauty the same as a long shank hook.

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:13 pm

denis barden wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:54 pm
I use the Circle Hooks on a keeper rod and the long shanks on the Nibble Tip Rods
I have a friend that uses 12 lb mono,small stout rod,baitcaster reel and circle hooks-I fished with him a few times at the Pilots Pier Queenscliff-He hooks the big whiting like a beauty the same as a long shank hook.
But there's no fun in 12lb mono on any whiting rig. Up the top of the bay we used to use 6lb but there is no current there

Return to “General”