what's the weirdest thing you have found or seen while fishing?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

what's the weirdest thing you have found or seen while fishing?

Post by fisho999 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:57 am

hey all,
thought I would start a thread for weird things you have found or seen while fishing. :tu: :o_0:

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: what's the weirdest thing you have found or seen while fishing?

Post by Kenle » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:17 pm

I saw a small sunfish swimming around Cunningham pier one, at first I thought it looked like a big fish head just swimming around which shocked me but upon closer inspection it was definitely a small sunfish. Looks realy cool

Keenfisho

Post by Keenfisho » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:27 pm

A few years ago me and two mates hiked into a small inlet on the NSW coast. Was about a 5km hike from where you could park the car and was pretty steep going for most of it. We fished all day and went and had a flick of the rocks off the entrance before heading back.
When walking back along the rocks I happened to look up the headland and I could see something white, we went up for a look and found the white things to be woollen lined gum boots. Further in was a small cave that you could tell someone had been living in there.
It gave me the absolute creeps, this place was pretty remote and at least 60kms from any town and a massive walk to any fresh water.
The whole 5kms walk back I felt like we were being watched and to this day still gives me the creeps thinking about it.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:12 pm

Intensely followed by a small group of quite large wild dogs for a km or so. By yourself in bum f#$% nowhere without reception makes the rear end tense a bit and cut short my after dark mission knowing they were around. The couple of goats that I'd seen earlier weren't around again the next day and even the roos with joeys were on edge. Makes the odd sighting of back-seat shenanigans locally look normal

fisho999

Post by fisho999 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:47 pm

wild dogs are a bit of a problem, I remember reading about a guy in my area who shot a wild dog that wasm mualing his cattle. I saw a picture and it was like a wolf! guess it would have to be big if it was attacking 600 kilo cattle.

fisho999

Post by fisho999 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:48 pm

Keenfisho wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:27 pm
A few years ago me and two mates hiked into a small inlet on the NSW coast. Was about a 5km hike from where you could park the car and was pretty steep going for most of it. We fished all day and went and had a flick of the rocks off the entrance before heading back.
When walking back along the rocks I happened to look up the headland and I could see something white, we went up for a look and found the white things to be woollen lined gum boots. Further in was a small cave that you could tell someone had been living in there.
It gave me the absolute creeps, this place was pretty remote and at least 60kms from any town and a massive walk to any fresh water.
The whole 5kms walk back I felt like we were being watched and to this day still gives me the creeps thinking about it.
iv seen some weird stuff like that, not really when I go fishing though, mostly when I go hunting in the bush.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:13 pm

A floatie in a shape of a giant penis, floating, in docklands. :rf:
And bunch of guys asked me to hook it to reel it in and land it. :wt:
Never in my life would dream or ever thought of hooking and landing a giant penis floatie. I should've taken photos. It was hilarious. Me and those guys had great laughs, it wasn't that easy to hook it.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:26 pm

cobby wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:12 pm
Intensely followed by a small group of quite large wild dogs for a km or so. By yourself in bum f#$% nowhere without reception makes the rear end tense a bit and cut short my after dark mission knowing they were around. The couple of goats that I'd seen earlier weren't around again the next day and even the roos with joeys were on edge. Makes the odd sighting of back-seat shenanigans locally look normal
Forget dingos snatching babies, imagine wild dogs snatches fisherman in bold on the front pages of Newspapers. Dam man, I've had foxes growl at me before while fishing but they're puppy dogs compared to your encounter. :o_0:

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:11 am

Sebb wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:13 pm
Never in my life would dream or ever thought of hooking and landing a giant penis floatie. I should've taken photos. It was hilarious. Me and those guys had great laughs, it wasn't that easy to hook it.
If it was a giant penis it would have been mine

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:32 am

Seniorfisho wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:11 am
Sebb wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:13 pm
If it was a giant penis it would have been mine
Haha :rf:
That floatie was a giant size but limpy. Haha.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “General”