Rod holders for Landbased fisho's

Paul Foot

Re: Rod holders for Landbased fisho's

Post by Paul Foot » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:01 pm

Aaron75 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:13 am
Paul Foot wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:51 pm
I have exciting news! I have built my own. Got my 23L Esky and bolted a 40cm length of 32mm PVC pipe to each end at a 60 degree angle with some M8 90mm galvanized bolts and some silicone to seal them. My trusty burley/live bait bucket thing fits inside the esky. So with a cheap hand line reel. some 2mm VB cord and a stainless carabiner I can clip onto the bucket and use it to fill the esky with water, to weigh it down and then clip onto the burley bucket and throw it over the side. Seems to work well, quite portable and the only issue is if I fill the esky with fish I might have to carry the bucket home instead of fitting it inside the esky but I am OK with that.
Sounds great, I'm trying to figure out something like that myself. Do you have any pics of your creation by chance? Sounds like if you forget to set the drag on one rod you'll not only lose it, you'll lose the whole esky, your beer and the other rod too lol.
I don't know how to post pictures. It's supposedly a 23L Esky so the idea is that I use the bucket to fill it up with water it should weigh 23Kg so if a fish takes it then good luck to the beast, has been working well so far. I think I will see if liquid nails will hold some PVC on to the front of it just to hold a bait knife and pair of pliers.

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”