Your Tackle Box Setup

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Your Tackle Box Setup

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:59 pm

Only place I can see proper storage happening is under the front dash. If you build in a nice front cover with storage behind you can then store pretty much all lures, and terminal.tackle, safety flares and the likes in there.

Cobby probably would be able to give a better idea since he is one of the boat gurus on here

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:35 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:32 pm
Not 100% sure what year. Its registered as 1990, but that was based on the trailer (yep, still on the same trailer.. very scary haha)

edit: Ive only had it for 2 years.
Dare say late 89 build then.

Get 2 of these to fit in the side pockets at the rear (Bunnings will have cheap versions in single packs) https://www.stor-pak.com.au/spare-parts-tray-v1-grey/ to hold sinkers in.
Pick one side pocket to hold tackle in in labelled trays with spools of leader, the other has nets, gaff, paddles, knives, dehookers.
Get every single moisture absorbing pack from shoes or whatever and place atleast 1 in each tray to inhibit rust. Keep most used trays in the boat and take others only when needed. Atleast with trays you can chop and change easier and less to carry if ever going landbased

All safety gear then remains under the dash

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:09 am

Yeah i have plenty of trays and things laying around that i could use. I would love to try and fit a tackle cupboard in somewhere, with slide out trays.Seat boxes would be awesome, but too big of a job at the moment. I have thought about using the plastic draws that they have at Bunnings under one stern quarter seat, but i havent found any that will fit nicely yet.

Purple5ives pictures have got me thinking that maybe down the track i could build a low platform up in the bow that is strong enough to walk on for anchoring with plenty of storage under it for peoples bags and stuff. I did build the floor myself in my old tinny, so its not totally beyond my capabilities lol.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”