Polarised Sunglasses for fishing

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Polarised Sunglasses for fishing

Post by poodoo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 am

Hi All,

Does anyone have an opinion on polarised sunglasses and whether there is any major difference between all the various brands? Spotters, costa etc? Do some of them enable you to cut out more glare etc? Also does anyone have any recommendations for prescription polarised sunglasses?

Cheers :cheers:

Poodoo

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Polarised Sunglasses for fishing

Post by Raulfc7 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:05 am

And also can anyone say if they are mandatory for surf fishing using lures?
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:13 am

Not mandatory for lure spinning, but they def help.

As for brands, I have a cheap pair from pen total tackle $29.95 and they are great. I've never had any top of the line brands though, so can't say if they are as good or not.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 pm

not mandatory but have mercy on your eyes. Use sunglasses and if you are going to buy one, get a polarized pair. Try spinning on a hot day when the sand looks like a mirror, so white, so blinding and without sunglasses, you wont last the day. You will be surprised how you will be able to see schools of fish in the surf which you will easily miss without a polarized pair.

Poodoo, I wear polarized transition prescription eye glasses. Ask your optometrist about it.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm

poodoo wrote:Hi All,

Does anyone have an opinion on polarised sunglasses and whether there is any major difference between all the various brands? Spotters, costa etc? Do some of them enable you to cut out more glare etc? Also does anyone have any recommendations for prescription polarised sunglasses?

Poodoo
Spotters can do prescription glasses. Just send them your prescription for a quote.
My sunnies are prescription polarized as well.
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:53 pm

raco09 wrote:

Poodoo
Spotters can do prescription glasses. Just send them your prescription for a quote.
What kind do you have raco?

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:09 pm

poodoo wrote:
raco09 wrote:

Poodoo
What kind do you have raco?
Spotters was quoting me about $400+.
I went to spec savers chose a frame and told them I wanted polarized tint with my prescription. Too easy. And way cheaper. :thumbsup:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 pm

I wear polarised prescription sunglasses for fishing & car/boat driving and wouldn't be without them,I've found the wrap around style to be terrific when the sun is low on the water & at your side,but yeah they can be a bit pricey last pair cost me $350.

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Post by soulstar » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Hey fellow fishermen,

If anyone is looking to get polarised glasses! It is recommended, as a previous post metioned
"have mercy on your eyes" you only have two. The amount of focus and concentration can have you leaving earlier than predicted because of the strain you receive on your eyes.

Now I am not an eye doctor, nor am I trying to preach but if anyone IS concerned about the glare you can get POLERISED SUNNIES! If you are hesitant on price, I am fortunate to have my mother working for OPSM in Fountain Gate Shopping centre complex. She gives good deals to people that come in saying they know her son. So if you want to see how it can benefit you as well as be cost efficient....just ask for "Mel" or "Melvina" and advise her that her son "Shane" recommended to come in the store in search of some polarised sunnies! I will let her know that she may get people come in doing this so she is prepared.

Well with that said, happy fishing :)
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:57 pm

I definitely foudn on a Kayak, it's compulsary when the sun is up. My sunny is Shimano from COmpleat Angler, got it for $20 when it was on sale.... it's cheap and works really well. Now my wife stole my fishing sunny as her driving sunny Grr.....
Bought another cheapo polarised sunny for $12 (generic brand), and not as good...

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”