Headlamp for night time fishing?

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Headlamp for night time fishing?

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Mick.S wrote:Interested to know what peoples choice would be between rechargeable vs non-rechargeable headlamp and why?
Theoretically rechargeables are suppose to save money, but usually because the usage is intermittent the rechargeable batteries tend not to last all that long.
I hate rechargables. Batteries suddenly die and when it gets old discharges in minutes with no warning. And it happens when you need it.

H14 in eBay sells for $89.95 from an authorised LED Lenser reseller complete with warranty.
H14R from the same seller sells for $139.

I will go for H14 and carry spare batteries rather that rely on the charge of the H14R. But then again, that is just me.

I use a $10 (delivered) cree head lamp from eBay courtesy of a seller from Hong Kong. Yet to fail me in over 2 years now. Definitely worth the money.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:45 pm

I always carry spare batteries for my current headlamp and will also do that for the H14R. The amount of night fishing I do, I'm bound to run out of battery sooner or later. I like being able to see the toothy critters I'm catching in the surf though, hence the reason I have my eye on the H14 models.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:58 pm

I can lend you my deep cycle battery I use for camping. That should last more than a month of continuous use for a cree headlamp. Too bad it weighs 30kg. :-)

You can buy rechargeable batteries and charger. You can also select the battery rating for longer charge. That may suit your needs. Look for a charger that can be used in the car.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”