Brighton Pier/breakwall

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
hskim00

Re: Brighton Pier/breakwall

Post by hskim00 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:40 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:I've only ever fished around the second hut as I've only ever been there 2 or 3 times. Last night I got a bit of a surprise when I walked around the corner and saw that it kept going into gravel.
Look! you haven't answered my question how big the snappers or something else in the guys' bucket were??? I wouldn't be surprised if they were just legal sizes of pinky or a bit bigger

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:09 am

hskim00 wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote:I've only ever fished around the second hut as I've only ever been there 2 or 3 times. Last night I got a bit of a surprise when I walked around the corner and saw that it kept going into gravel.
Look! you haven't answered my question how big the snappers or something else in the guys' bucket were??? I wouldn't be surprised if they were just legal sizes of pinky or a bit bigger
HSK calm down champ, I didn't see the fish out of the bucket so it's hard to give an accurate size. What I did see was that he was carrying a 20litre bucket and 3/4 quartes of the snapper was sticking out with the tail way past the handle. The second fish was a salmon and its back was thickest I have ever seen, it was also sticking out of the bucket in a vertical position. Maybe the best way to describe the salmon is that it is one that John West would NOT reject :thumbsup:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

shooto

Post by shooto » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Raulfc7

Nice story mate the last part was funny it reminded me way back when i wanted to go fishing down Mt Martha and all my mates were saying there is nothing down there but rays etc etc,

Anyway i went down there with the usual white 20 ltr bucket by myself in the morning and i caught the biggest flathead i have seen in the bay it looked like a crocodile i placed it in the bucket with the tail sticking out like those guys and it felt great showing them when i got back.

I am going to sortie and try either Sandringham breakwall,Brighton Breakwall,or St kilda just can't make up my mind St kilda is my favourite, why because when if i catch zilch the consolation is, i go down to La porchetta's and get a nice hot pizza :)

have a good one

Berto Pescatore

Post by Berto Pescatore » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:32 am

Just got to know that my mate went to Brighton Breakwall yesterday for 4 hours (late night) and he got only one snapper, it is not that big but it is his best this season as he says (48cm).

walla 29

Post by walla 29 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:38 am

I was fishing down there the other day catching nothing as usual and got chatting to an old bloke down there and he was saying in the next week or so he reckons the big ones should be showing up

walla 29

Post by walla 29 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:16 am

When chasing flatties from brighton does it matter wat tide I seem to c lots of ppl fishing down there on a low tide

hskim00

Post by hskim00 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:15 am

walla 29 wrote:I was fishing down there the other day catching nothing as usual and got chatting to an old bloke down there and he was saying in the next week or so he reckons the big ones should be showing up
Have they arrived yet as the wise man advised? :bounce: It seems that shallow water areas in PPB have been dead quite for nearly a month.

srsbsns

Post by srsbsns » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Caught a small pinkie today off the rocks around the bend.

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”