brighton pier

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
whambamsam
Has liked: 12 times

Re: brighton pier

Post by whambamsam » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:56 pm

wem21 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:28 am
Popped out for a quick fish this morning despite the wind to test the rod in something better than a pool, and I was amazed that I could feel what the lure had landed on (weeds rock sand) even with the windy conditions. It was very slow going, but I managed to catch a small flatty and a port Jackson shark

https://imgur.com/a/BvmKWFk

Also, would a 1/6th Oz jughead be too heavy? I just find that with 1/8 I can't cast very far, and if there's even a bit of wind I can't get anywhere near where I wanted it to go
Depends on what you're going for - I think I'm using 1/2-1/4 jig heads most of the time. If you're fishing for flatties, you want it down the bottom anyway - but if you want to hit some mid water column species the lighter heads will give you more hang time.

I have the same problem where I struggle to use really light jig heads unless I've got a really light rod to match - usually using my Aird X MFS (3-7kg) or TD Black deepstriker MLFS (2-5kg). Anything lighter and I use my squid rod.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:19 pm

have not posted in a while there have just been ton,s of small pinky,s good fun but only 10 to 20cm some bait fishos have been getting the odd 35cm but there been going through a hell of alot of bait.The soft plastic getting the hit,s etc are the zman streakz nuked chicken glow 4inch.Strange but the flatty,s have been hard to catch and most have been consistant 33cm where the last few year,s there been 38cm constant and fair bit bigger here and there.As for squid very little ink spot,s around and the water clarity has been crap,I will soon start searching for one of my favorites the gar,s

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:33 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:19 pm
have not posted in a while there have just been ton,s of small pinky,s good fun but only 10 to 20cm some bait fishos have been getting the odd 35cm but there been going through a hell of alot of bait.The soft plastic getting the hit,s etc are the zman streakz nuked chicken glow 4inch.Strange but the flatty,s have been hard to catch and most have been consistant 33cm where the last few year,s there been 38cm constant and fair bit bigger here and there.As for squid very little ink spot,s around and the water clarity has been crap,I will soon start searching for one of my favorites the gar,s
I managed to find a few decent models yesterday on slim swimz, no sign of any flatties though.
Thinking of heading out tuesday morn for another attempt at some bigger fish, aiming for mid-high 30's. probably will run some zman streakz or something.

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:12 pm

Went this morning, caught a dozen undersize pinkies between 18-25cm. Also saw a huge brram cruising the rock wall shadows but couldn't tempt him. Bait fishos also catching tiny pinkies

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:13 pm

croe04 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:33 pm
dazz999 wrote:
I managed to find a few decent models yesterday on slim swimz, no sign of any flatties though.
Thinking of heading out tuesday morn for another attempt at some bigger fish, aiming for mid-high 30's. probably will run some zman streakz or something.
Were you there this morning?

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:50 pm

wem21 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:13 pm
croe04 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:33 pm
dazz999 wrote:
Were you there this morning?
Nah didn't bother. Probably gonna head down on friday

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:01 pm

P1040220 (800x600).jpg
Well is great to be back fishing

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun May 17, 2020 4:42 pm

You bet dazz!
Some nice gars there mate 😊
Nice work.
Cheers 👍🏻

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:40 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:42 pm
You bet dazz!
Nice work.
Cheers 👍🏻
Yep nice when a plan work,s they should be around for a few more week,s .Dam had trouble finding maggot,s with Wayne shut so payed the extra $2.50 from complete angler they were a bit small in size but still worked . The gar,s today were very timid in there attack

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun May 17, 2020 5:49 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:40 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:42 pm
You bet dazz!
Nice work.
Cheers 👍🏻
Yep nice when a plan work,s they should be around for a few more week,s .Dam had trouble finding maggot,s with Wayne shut so payed the extra $2.50 from complete angler they were a bit small in size but still worked . The gar,s today were very timid in there attack
Ah I forgot he was closed! Lucky I read your post. Thanks for reminding me. I was going to go there mid next week too for a few things.

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”