Docklands Estuary Perch

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Docklands Estuary Perch

Post by mazman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:30 pm

Hey guys,

Met up with Stuart from the hunt for bronze for a quick evening session in docklands, the water clarity was a little worse than I was hoping and my plan of sightcasting bream didn't eventuate but we found some ep schools and had a blast getting stuck into them.

https://youtu.be/Om5Rd9Gmr_4

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

ronan
Has liked: 91 times

Re: Docklands Estuary Perch

Post by ronan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:44 pm

Stuart seems like a top bloke, well done on the EP's too, have their numbers bounced back or were there always a few in there?
cheers, Ronan.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:22 am

Good little vid there Alex.

The E.P's have been steadily on the increase for about the last 5 years, prior to that they were unheard of, and I've been fishing the Yarra/Docklands for probably 20 years. The weird thing is, as their numbers have increased the Jewie population has decreased. Up until 5 years ago you'd be guaranteed at least 2 or 3 Jewies a session, now I'm struggling for 2 or 3 over a dozen sessions. So I'm wondering what the correlation is (if any) between the two mysteries.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:54 am

mazman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:30 pm
Hey guys,

Met up with Stuart from the hunt for bronze for a quick evening session in docklands, the water clarity was a little worse than I was hoping and my plan of sightcasting bream didn't eventuate but we found some ep schools and had a blast getting stuck into them.

Cheers Alex
Hey Maz, where did you get your tiemco stick minnow? Seems hard to get.
Also, you probably did this few days ago, the water is clear at the moment and bream are visible.
greggo wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:22 am
Good little vid there Alex.

The E.P's have been steadily on the increase for about the last 5 years, prior to that they were unheard of, and I've been fishing the Yarra/Docklands for probably 20 years. The weird thing is, as their numbers have increased the Jewie population has decreased. Up until 5 years ago you'd be guaranteed at least 2 or 3 Jewies a session, now I'm struggling for 2 or 3 over a dozen sessions. So I'm wondering what the correlation is (if any) between the two mysteries.
Didn't they stock Maribyrnong with EP like 2-3 years ago. Could be it.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”