Satanists, Yellas and a sacrifice

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Satanists, Yellas and a sacrifice

Post by smokin_reels » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:12 am

With the resumption of “covid normal” life , the city has truly woken up again.
While some may prefer the quiets of Gippsland or the high country, there are some experiences that can only happen to you in the 3000 postcodes .
This is such a tale.

I pitter pattered down to Albert park, as I have on many an occasion. It’s been getting a fair flogging off late between the stonkers and all the media coverage that it comes with.

This pressured fishery does keep evolving and with that the thinking angler does have to change his or her approach to keep up.

What worked in previous years is now harder to repeat and flighty fish are now the norm. That being said , if you do get into them they are still to be had.

What is still consistent however , is the absolute lottery that are the skills of the passing joggers photography capability.
730AFA82-8A3A-4733-A510-164DB2B9A218.jpeg
The above 53 cm yella for instance could’ve used some of that secret hold it into the lens action, but given the current climate I suppose I should be happy that someone was happy to touch my phone and risk catching a contagion that kills their grandma.

On I went about , happier.
A nice mid 30’s EP popped up next, always pleased to see them. They do put up a fair fight
2731D1C5-D125-4CF9-B75E-BA50E3AB832A.jpeg
I also like how the city just looks in general. Maybe it’s just me, missing going into work and the hustle and bustle that comes with it .

A pontoon is usually a reliable source of gold.
A lady was doing her evening stretches and was mid downward dog , bang in the middle of a pontoon , when a tidy cast along the shadows brought this specimen out .
F32CEA6B-257F-4A27-85DE-D0FBCFE57E5B.jpeg

She was startled and had to straighten up , much to my dismay.

Round the bend I went, buoyed by the prospect of what was turning into a tidy little session.

I stopped, as I always do. At the south end of the lake to take in the skyline. It’s remarkable how light pollution has increased has things have started to open up. We’d gone dark there for a bit.
BB795E28-E1B2-4723-B958-8272F7CF2242.jpeg
It’s not unusual to run into characters of the nefarious kind.
A couple passed by and commented on how there are 20 pound cod in the lake that eat ducklings. And I believe them .

They were also dressed in black. Had tattoos , piercings of varied descriptions. Decorated in upside down crosses . And clearly had some sort of bouyed spirit within.

Maybe they knew something I didn’t ?

It’s not every day that I get fishing tips from the underworld.

I thanked them politely , and they moved on.
5437BD55-60C5-4A42-B431-522426C05011.jpeg

There is a section of the lake , where the path veers off to the side. And it gets pretty dark in there.

On occasion there are lays here that hold a fish or two and I resumed my stalking. I generally fish with my headphones on, listening to a podcast about aquariums or the UFC or Alex Jones just ranting on the JRE.

I turned , in the dark. Lo and behold, the gentleman dressed in black stood about 6 inches from me. Dead pan expression and a stick in hand.

“This is our tree” he said.

To which I replied. “Right mate, you can have it”

I’d have never picked him for a tree hugger, but again. Who am I to judge?

Once my soul had re-entered my body, I gathered my wits and walked a little ahead.

It was then I noticed, the squeals coming from a park bench.

The lady in black was bent over , hammering away at something .
That was wailing. The dude was running around looking at the trees and stabbing in the air.

Clearly an animal of some description was in some considerable pain. I am leaning towards a possum.

It was dark, not just in the gravity of the moment but also in illumination. I didn’t want to stick around and look.

I hurried away to a safe distance and watched from afar.

The duo were up to something mysterious. And it wasn’t funny being out there alone past 11.

I rang basti and hawkesy . They agreed that getting away and possibly calling the cops was the move.

While all this happened, the pair melted into the dark.
Not to be seen again.

Might have to throw surface on a full moon the next time I go for that 20lb cod.
Last edited by smokin_reels on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: Satanists, Yellas and a sacrifice

Post by Kenle » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:43 am

Those couple saw that you were catching all thier fish so they've gone to all these trouble as to scare you away so they can have the fishing spot all to themselves. It's a common practice amongst avid fishos lol you got reeled in

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:44 am

Handy little session there, you see some weird stuff fishing the city late at night but this well and truly takes the cake. The messages and calls just got more bizarre as the night went on
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:05 pm

I've seen some odd activities at AP but that takes the cake, jesus. Looks like you had a good session nonetheless.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:25 pm

Well done smokin
Thoroughly enjoyed the read.
Can you go again on the 30th (full moon) & compare the "wildlife" for me
Cheers Gra

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:47 pm

Texas wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:25 pm
Well done smokin
Thoroughly enjoyed the read.
Can you go again on the 30th (full moon) & compare the "wildlife" for me
Cheers Gra
Will do.

Need a duckling with trebles on it .
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:48 pm

croe04 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:05 pm
I've seen some odd activities at AP but that takes the cake, jesus. Looks like you had a good session nonetheless.
I made it sound funny, but I was scared witless in the end for a bit 😂

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:31 pm

Man this is gold.. definitely a story for the grand kids..

BTW in case you haven't realised yet. Most phones Nowday's can take selfies with a voice command or by holding up your palm or just by smiling. Give it a crack..
Don't blame me if your wife or significant other/ fishing partner belts you on the head , ass or nuts for yelling out cheese a 100 or so times :oo:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Some great fishing there mate!
Enjoyed the read and the pics 😃
Cheers 👍🏻

Don Fisher
Has liked: 16 times