Maribyrnong Report

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Scarecrow

Re: Maribyrnong Report

Post by Scarecrow » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:39 pm

G'day Young Chef

If you decide to fish with bait for bream, reduce your line size to 4 or 6 pound line and get a lighter rod. Use small thin hooks, I prefer size 6 to 8, on an unweighted line with a whole scrubworm for bait.

Normal compost worms, night crawlers and flat tails work great too, but nothing like scrubworms.

You can purchase scrubworms at the Northside Angler (AKA: Complete Angler) at Campbellfield, or Noel Clarks, but they are costly by most anglers standards.

By the way, I find the owners of Northside Angler pretty friendly and extremely helpful, so maybe the lady mentioned previously was just having a bad day?? The fellas at Noel Clarkes are also really helpful and polite too.

If you are running too late for the tackle shops, just go to your local supermarket and buy chicken livers, these work good in the Maribyrnong too. I change my hook to an 'Owner' circle hook size 4, and fish a chicken liver either unweighted, or with a running sinker rig. Just remember with both worms and chicken livers, let em have a few chews before taking action, the baits on the circle hooks will not require you to strike, as circle hooks usually set the hook by themselves.

By the way, usually when the larger fish see the angler they become pretty cautious, don't cast your bait at them, instead try to cast your baits just out of vision, and preferably somewhere along their swimming beat

Tight Lines

Rob

Youngchef90

Re: Maribyrnong Report

Post by Youngchef90 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Thanks rob for your tips. As you could see in the reports forum I already tried the scrubs and they worked a treat. I might not have caught any oversized bream but I had a blast. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”