Docklands

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Shimanoo

Re: Docklands

Post by Shimanoo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Good day fishing we caught 2 mullet, 1 bream on a running sinker rig using pilchards.

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Well done buddy, don't completely disregard lures for Bream I'm just saying that it takes alot of trial and error but you will have more luck on Soft Plastics than hardbody's

Shimanoo

Post by Shimanoo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:54 pm

I used zman lures and none of the fish were interested, and my atomic lures just float ontop of the water

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Shimanoo

Post by Shimanoo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Is docklands mullet and bream edible?
Also what are some good places to fishing in Melbourne that are accessible using public transport?
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Atomic lures are more for trout fishing in streams, the best soft plastics are by far the Gulp Turtleback worms for catching Bream and mullet and I personally would NOT eat the fish from there but I know of people who do

Plas-Flicker

Post by Plas-Flicker » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:50 pm

Nice catch :a_goodjob:
I wouldnt eat bream from there - but then again, I dont target or like to eat bream, really slow growing species so better of swimming imo, and I dont eat mullet as it is bait. Pinkys from there should be alright if you get onto a few.
I've found the Z-mans to be lethal on most species but then again am yet to catch a pinky or snapper on one but have done a lot of plastic fishing, after years of bait fishing.
Tight lines = Good Times!

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Certain lures are definitely better than soft plastics in the docks if trying to catch Bream. Larger soft plastics for the pinkies or bait. I mainly catch the Bream off Pylons or under the piers etc. The Bream feed off the pylons to give you an idea. Sometimes they move into the rocky areas. I fished there Tuesday for some bream, and a guy next to me Float fishing pulled up 8 legal pinkies.

Attached are pics of some i got on Tuesday at the Docks. Central Wharf, North Wharf and South Wharf are all easily accessible and have Bream. I am only a beginner and initially reading over earlier posts on here and other Bream forums, and talking to those experienced will pay dividends. I used to have weeks and weeks with no fish, and once you learn a lil bit, you will have like 4/5 sessions producing. The Docklands Bream can shut down at times and nothing will work on them, they do strange things, and also throw out all you read about tides etc. It does not mean much at the docks. The Bream are always there, and not going anywhere, unlike the bay etc. Its just getting them to bite that's all. You will often see the fish, and see them go up to your lure and either kiss it, or just turn around. Sometimes they will charge your lure as it hits the water and you have em. Most of the time i catch them when i cant see them, which means they cant see me, and your like where did he come from.........good luck.
Attachments
IMAG1021.jpeg
IMAG1021.jpeg (55.57 KiB) Viewed 661 times
IMAG1019.jpeg
IMAG1019.jpeg (63.14 KiB) Viewed 661 times
IMAG1015.jpeg
IMAG1015.jpeg (59.09 KiB) Viewed 661 times

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”